timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Elijah Kaplan ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Name: Elijah Kaplan
Age: 19 years old
Year: Freshman

Major: Journalism
Relationship Status: Single

Where I can be found: You can usually find me in the company of friends, or running on the track.

Secret talents: I can solve the Rubik’s cube in less than 1 minute (I’m actually very proud of that); I can also hike mountains.

Where can you find me on a Saturday night: At a balloon party over in Melvin Hall (an event where someone fills a room with tons of balloons and we just, well, party!)

What I want to do after graduation: Ideally I would like to write for the Associated Press.

Turn on/deal maker: Not only does she have to be funny, but she has to find my jokes funny as well. (‘cause I make a LOT of bad jokes). Also, she MUST like Star Wars.

Turn off/deal breaker: My first instinct is to say country music. Hmm… a girl that’s not willing to try new things.

Guilty pleasure: How I Met Your Mother and fuzzy socks – they’re excellent! Everyone should have fuzzy socks.

Melanie Dostis

Northeastern

Melanie Dostis is a journalism major at Northeastern University. She has been involved with Her Campus since her sophomore year, being elected co-correspondent her junior year- a position she is thrilled to continue in her last year. She lives a writing-filled life and wouldn't have it any other way. She is currently interning at Boston Magazine and is a correspondent for the Boston Globe and USA Today. She can usually be found back in her home-roots of wonderful New York on weekends, exploring her second home in Boston, or often back in her family roots of Ecuador, gorging on massive amounts of Hispanic dishes....Follow her on Twitter @MelDostis. HCXO!