Easy as Pie Desserts to Make Thanksgiving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Thanksgiving has always been one of my favorite holidays. I love a holiday that involves spending time with your family, eating way too much delicious food, and having it socially acceptable to go to bed at 9pm. This year, help out your family with the cooking and whip up one of these delectable desserts.

Pumpkin Pie

You can never go wrong with a classic pumpkin pie in the fall. This is a fairly simple recipe and a great way to get in to the holiday spirit.

Triple Chocolate Pumpkin Pie

What is better than the classic pumpkin pie? Chocolate pumpkin pie! Almost every pie can be made better by adding chocolate and pumpkin pie is no exception

Mini Chocolate Almond Butter Pie

If you want something a little lighter this holiday, try these mini pies. They are cute and you can eat like 10 and pretend it only counts as one slice of pie, sounds pretty good to me.

Chocolate Caramel Pecan Cheesecake

Instead of the classic pumpkin pie, try a chocolate caramel pecan cheesecake instead. This is the way to go if you want to try something new and not quite so standard at your Thanksgiving dinner.

Homemade Pumpkin Fudge

This pumpkin fudge looks delicious, easy to make, and is gluten free. This is good if you are looking for something that will please everyone and won’t take too much effort to make.

Pilgrim Hat Cookies

These are possibly the easiest and most festive desserts you can make for Thanksgiving. I recommend making these if you have a younger family member that wants to help out cooking.

[pagebreak]

Apple Persimmon Pies

If you are looking for an unusual dessert that is fried and delicious, try out these pies. My mouth starts watering just looking at this picture, imagine what eating one would be like.

No Bake Pumpkin Pie in a Jar

Obsessed with the trend of everything in mason jars? Try out these no bake pumpkin pies in a jar. You could also customize them to add a layer of chocolate or whatever you prefer

Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Salted Coffee Caramel Apple Skillet Cookie

One of the best parts of the fall is going apple picking with friends and family. If you have some leftover apples, try making this giant cookie and have the whole family gather round the pan with a bunch of forks and ice cream and eat it together

Mississippi Mud Pie

The best pies I have ever eaten have almost always been chocolate pie. This Mississippi Mud Pie has an oreo crust, so obviously it will be amazing and live up to the expectations created by just looking at the picture

Soft Butterscotch Pumpkin Spice Cookies

It’s fall which means pumpkin spice is everywhere. Get your last pumpkin spice baking in before everything switches to winter and peppermint. If you want to get crazy, here is a bonus recipe for a pumpkin spice latte to pair with the cookies.

Melanie Dostis

Northeastern

Melanie Dostis is a journalism major at Northeastern University. She has been involved with Her Campus since her sophomore year, being elected co-correspondent her junior year- a position she is thrilled to continue in her last year. She lives a writing-filled life and wouldn't have it any other way. She is currently interning at Boston Magazine and is a correspondent for the Boston Globe and USA Today. She can usually be found back in her home-roots of wonderful New York on weekends, exploring her second home in Boston, or often back in her family roots of Ecuador, gorging on massive amounts of Hispanic dishes....Follow her on Twitter @MelDostis. HCXO!