This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

While things are cooling down outside, heat up your dorm and your stomach with these fun and easy recipes!

Fall in love with this classic taste of fall; a pumpkin spice latte mug cake! Super simple to whip up in your dorm in no time, and perfect to combat the depressing weather outside.

PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE MUG CAKE

INGREDIENTS:

• 4 tbsp (30g) all-purpose flour

• 1/4 tsp baking powder

• 2 tbsp (25g) granulated sugar

• 2 tbsp (30ml) fat-free milk

• 1/2 tbsp (7.5ml) vegetable oil

• 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice

• 1/4 tsp espresso powder

• 2 tbsp (30g) canned pumpkin puree

DIRECTIONS:

1. Combine all ingredients in an oversized microwave-safe mug. Mix with a small whisk until batter is smooth.

2. Cook in microwave for approximately 1 minute 30 seconds. If cake is not done, heat an additional 15 seconds. Let cake cool a few minutes before eating. Cake is best consumed while still warm or within a few hours of it being cooked.

Check out these delicious cheesecake brownies-the absolute best of both worlds! Not exactly fall, but yummy all year round.

CHEESECAKE BROWNIES

INGREDIENTS

• 1 pkg.  (18.3 to 19.5 oz.) brownie mix (family size)

• 1 pkg.  (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened

• ⅓ cup  sugar

• 1 egg

• ½ tsp.  vanilla

DIRECTIONS

1. Heat oven to 350ºF.

2. Prepare brownie batter as directed on package; spread into greased 13×9-inch pan.

3. Beat cream cheese with mixer until creamy. Add sugar, egg and vanilla; mix well. Drop by tablespoonfuls over brownie batter; swirl with knife.

4. Bake 35 to 40 min. or until cream cheese mixture is lightly browned. Cool completely before cutting to serve. Keep refrigerated.

Pumpkin. Smoothie. Need I say more?

PUMPKIN SMOOTHIE

INGREDIENTS

• 1 can (15 Oz. Size) Pumpkin Pie Filling

• 3 cups Whole Milk (more If Needed)

• 1/2 cup Vanilla Yogurt (up To 1 Cup)

• A Few Dashes Of Cinnamon

• Cinnamon Graham Crackers, Crushed

DIRECTIONS

1. Well ahead of time, place pumpkin pie filling into a freezer-safe container. Freeze for a few hours or until frozen solid.

2. To make the smoothie, add milk, and yogurt to a blender. Drop in the frozen pumpkin pie filling and blend until the frozen filling is completely pulverized. Add more milk or yogurt as needed to get it the consistency you’d like.

3. Pour into individual glasses and sprinkle the tops with graham cracker crumbs. Serve immediately!

Morgan Weadock

Northeastern

Morgan is currently a third year at Northeastern University in Boston working towards a degree in Finance and a dual minor in Economics and Political Science. She is the co-president and Campus Correspondent for the Northeastern Her Campus Chapter and also involved with Alpha Kappa Psi and Streak Media. Morgan is originally from NJ and despite popular sentiment believes it to be the best state in the country. Her interests include cooking things that don't look as pretty as they did on Pinterest, reading while drinking tea, going to the beach, fitness and nutrition, and Netflix binging (: