Do You Need Kim Kardashian’s Phone Case?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Courtesy of Slash Gear

You might love her or hate her, but Kim Kardashian’s influence is definitely widespread. If she endorses a product, it will sell; one Instagram post sent out to her 109 million followers and it’s a done deal. It’s not a surprise that Kim K endorses LuMee, a brand that sells phone cases with built in lights to create the perfect selfie lighting.

I tried using a LuMee Duo case that has lights on the front and back of the case, and it’s okay. I’ll admit, I thought putting the phone case on my phone would automatically turn me into a selfie guru, so my expectations might have been too high.  

Courtesy of Toss Hub

The case is sturdy, and it won’t break if you drop your phone, but the back of the case is plastic, so it scratches easily. The lights definitely improve selfie and regular picture taking quality, but the button is easy to accidentally press, and it’s kind of awkward when your phone randomly lights up.

Overall, I like the case, but not enough to buy another one. I think it’s more aimed towards Instagram influencers and food bloggers than to college students who spend more time in school than working on getting the perfect selfie.

Philosophy Neuroscience Psychology major at WashU