Confessions of Someone Trying Really Hard To Be Healthy, But It Just Isn’t Working

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Confessions of a person just trying to be healthy:

Courtesy: Amazonaws

1. Pasta is the world’s greatest creation. There is no way I am giving that up.

Brown pasta just isn’t going to cut it. It doesn’t taste the same, it doesn’t look the same, it doesn’t feel the same. I don’t care if it is ‘healthier’, I just can’t give it up.

Courtesy: Giphy

2. ‘Eat more vegetables’

Just because it should make me look better, doesn’t mean that I want it in my mouth. Is there a way to setup a central line that would take the food and send it to my stomach directly without me having to taste it?

Courtesy: TheGlow

3. Your body needs fruits

Do chocolate covered strawberries count?

Courtesy: GR-Assets

4. ‘Drink more water’

I love water…but it makes me pee way more than usual when I drink too much of it!! Also, what’s up with that feeling when you really really need to pee and are really really thirsty at the same time? Like why…it is all liquid isn’t it?

Courtesy: Giphy

5. ‘Make breakfast mandatory’

Well, getting to class on time in the morning is also mandatory, so if you add breakfast into the mix I don’t think that I will ever make it to class…

Courtesy: RunEatRepeat

6. ‘Get your daily dose of Vitamin D’

Well, have you looked outside lately? Not to complain, but let’s face it there isn’t really much sun in Boston. I mean it is supposed to be ‘Spring,’ but it was raining and snowing outside. Is this a sign that I should move somewhere warmer?

Courtesy: Allw

7. ‘Get strong’

Well umm sir, I can barely carry the large pack of water bottles to my dorm room. How do you expect me to be able to lift anything…but myself out of bed of course.

Courtesy: Giphy

To sum up, it’s not that I don’t want to be healthy, it’s just chips and chocolate are so irresistible and moving everywhere is just impossible given how freezing it is outside, all the time!

This is for those of you who want to be healthy but can’t bring themselves to do it. It’s okay.

Courtesy: Giphy

Nadine El-Bawab

Northeastern

Double major in Journalism and Political Science Originally from Cairo, Egypt Figure Skater and Soccer Player. Love both reading and writing. Feel free to email me at any time. el-bawab.n@husky.neu.edu