Commentary on Kylie Jenner and Her Pregnancy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Kylie Jenner has finally announced her baby girl to the world with a wonderful YouTube video chronicling her pregnancy and having her friends discuss the journey. While the secret has finally come out, I still have so many questions and concerns that I can not hold inside myself any longer.

1. She is 20 years old

Courtesy of In Touch Weekly

Many women are having babies, even Kylie’s two sisters Khloe and Kim are, but what really throws me off is Kylie’s age. She is only six months older than I, a young college student whose diet consists of Doritos and chocolate bars. I can barely take care of myself, let alone a whole other person, at this age. Now I know that Kylie has oodles of money and can hire a nanny faster than I can even imagine, but having a baby so young must impact her youth, right? I am so torn between celebrating her as a working mother, or criticizing her for having a baby so young, like c’mon Kylie birth control is still FREE!

2. Her baby will be around the same age of Kim and Khloe’s

Courtesy of News

Kim Kardashian’s daughter, Chicago, was born on Jan. 15 and Khloe is due at the end of April, with Kylie’s baby, Stormi, born right in the middle of those two dates on Feb. 1. This will make all three of their babies around the same age. While there are many sisters in this family and babies are bound to be born around the same time, there is a seventeen year age difference between Kylie, the youngest of the three, and Kim, the oldest, which bothers me to think that the youngest Kardashian/Jenner will have a baby the same age as the second and third oldest Kardashian.

3. Tyga might be the father?

Courtesy of ElleUK

Tyga has recently reported that he wants a paternity test done on Stormi Webster to check if he is her biological father. Now let’s get realistic, everyone loves the drama that he might be the secret father of the baby, but he is clearly not. Tyga is a washed up rapper that confused many people on why Kylie was even dating him due to his mediocre status. So let’s let poor Kylie Jenner and her new family live in peace.

4. Stormi Webster…?

Courtesy of PopSugar

I have so many questions on the name, like WHY? Even though I know the Kardashians really like to push the envelope with the names of their children, I just know this one is going to take some getting used to. My major concern is the “i” at the end; why did they decide against the classic “y”? But of course Stormy with a “y” would cause even more controversy because that would connect the baby with Stormy Daniels, a famous porn star, who has already warned Kylie about her baby being connected with her infamous career. So was the name Stormi worth it? Kylie sure seems to think so, and as long as she is content, that is all that matters.

5. When will we finally be able to see Stormi?

Courtesy of Instyle

When will we finally be able to see new mother Kylie with Stormi? The best we have is this picture of Kylie with Stormi holding her thumb and the rest of her blurred out in the background. While this photo is cute, when will we finally be introduced to Stormi officially? Following along with how Kylie handled the whole pregnancy, it might be safe to assume we won’t see a full picture of Stormi for a long time. But I still hope to see a beautiful family photo of Kylie, Stormi, and Travis Scott all together sooner rather than later.

While Kylie and baby Stormi have taken the world by storm over the past few weeks, hopefully things will settle down soon and Kylie will be more open with discussing her life as a new mother and everyone can get adjusted seeing her as such.