Christopher Matthews, 2012

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Name: Christopher Matthews
Nickname: Chris/J.T.
Age: 21
Year at NU: Senior
Major: American Sign Language Interpreting
Hometown: East Meadow, New York
Relationship Status: Single

Where you can find me: In class or going out and partying

Languages I speak: English/American Sign Language/Portuguese

Motto: “You have to take the good with the bad, smile when you’re sad, love what you got and remember what you had, always forgive but never forget, learn from your mistakes but never regret, people change, things go wrong, just remember life goes on.”

What I am involved in at NU: Invisible Children at NU/Interpreting Club at NU

What I look for in a guy: Tattoos/Musician/Fit/Social/Smart/Family Oriented

The senior superlative I’d most likely win: Worst Case of Senioritis

Most Embarrassing College Moment: Dressing up like cupid (with an extremely large diaper) on Halloween and walking around Boston and to parties. It was a good costume and everyone seemed to like it, but the diaper wasn’t too secure by the end of the night and I had to basically hold it up walking back home through Boston.

If I were singing karaoke at Our House, I would sing: Nicki Minaj “Super Bass”

Where I’ll be in five years: I plan to have my National Certification for Interpreting, in Graduate School, and living in my own apartment. I also hope to have learned another language or taking classes.

My favorite spot in Boston: The Esplanade at the Charles River. It is always nice to just hang out there on the water and just relax.

If I could be anywhere else right now I would be: back in Europe specifically Portugal with all of my former peers from LISBON SAGA 2012 Dialogue!

An interesting fact: I was Homecoming King in High School and the Vice President of my graduating class for two years.

Five things that a Northeastern student should have on their Boston/NU Bucket List:
1) Freedom Trail
2) Ghost Tour
3) Rooftop Deck (above the CSC)
4) Dialogue of Civilizations through NU
5) Top Of The Hub