Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Northeastern Celebrities

Campus Celebrity - Jay Pharoah

By Connor Doherty
October 2, 2014 - 1:00am

On Sunday September 28th, the Council of University Programs (CUP)  and fraternity Kappa Sigma brought SNL’s resident celebrity impersonator and rapper extraordinaire Jay Pharoah to headline the 12th Annual Comedy Night. The moment Pharoah stepped onstage it became clear that this would be a comedy show like no other. In his 90 minute set he dropped every obscenity known to man, performed an array of impersonations from Katt Williams to Blue Ivy and managed to heckle at least three unfortunate (or extremely lucky) Northeastern students who found themselves in the comedian’s radar. READ MORE

Campus Celeb: Molly Flynn

By Gwen Schanker
September 26, 2014 - 12:00pm

Molly Flynn, a recent graduate of Simmons College who has interned for Esquire and Cosmopolitan magazine and who now manages her own blog, Boss & Tonic, spoke to Northeastern’s Fashion and Retail Society on Wednesday night about her experiences as a Boston fashion blogger and her advice for students hoping to work in the fashion industry. READ MORE

Campus Celeb: Jeff Bauman

By Emily Feltault
September 19, 2014 - 5:21pm

Being so immersed within the great city of Boston, and so close to the finish line of last year’s Marathon, Northeastern students have been deeply impacted by its aftermath. Because of our close involvement, the Council for University Programs (CUP) decided to bring in Jeff Bauman, one of those severely injured from the first bomb, to talk to students about his life and how it has been impacted since April 16th. Below, CUP’s Lectures chair, Casey Price, talks about the universoty event and how Bauman touched those in the audience. What inspired you to bring in Bauman? READ MORE

Campus Celebrity: Brett Galus

By Morgan Weadock
September 11, 2014 - 12:00pm

Name: Brett Galus Hometown: Southbury, CT Major: Business (Finance/Management) Interests: Swimming, Skiing, Volunteer Work Tell me about End Hunger CT: End Hunger CT! is a non-profit organization located in Hartford, CT that is working to provide kids who are food insecure access to healthy and nutritious food all year long. They work alongside State partner organizations to provide breakfast before school, snacks after school, lunch during the summer while students are out of school and much more. READ MORE

Meet the E-Board: Emily Feltault

By Lauren Spinella
April 18, 2014 - 6:51am

Name: Emily Feltault
From: Topsfield, MA
Major: Communication Studies with a Businesses Administration minor
How long have you been involved with Her Campus Northeastern?
I have been with Her Campus since the first semester of my freshman year READ MORE

Snoop Dogg and Tom Brady at NU

By Her Campus Northeastern
April 10, 2014 - 12:00am

Snoop Dogg headlined Northeastern's Springfest concert this past Saturday. We heard he killed it, but apparently he was a little late to the stage because he was meeting one important Bostonian/New Englander... Tom Brady!! We have to admit, we're a bit jealous that Brady was on NU territory and we didn't get to meet him. However, it completely excuses Snoop Dogg being a bit late. Hey, we would be late too if it meant meeting the dreamiest Patriot out there! We hope all you collegiettes who attended the Springfest concert enjoyed Snoop, Sara Bareilles, and the Cold War Kids!  READ MORE

Snoop Dogg

By Her Campus Northeastern
April 4, 2014 - 4:04pm

Snoop Dogg --or Snoop Lion or Snoop Doggy Dog or Calvin Cordozar Broadus, Jr.- will grace this year's Springfest. Here's some fun facts: READ MORE

Ali Kothari, Johnny Fayad, Josh Belinsky

By Morgan Weadock
March 23, 2014 - 11:13pm

Most college students dream of starting their own businesses post–graduation, but these three Northeastern students have decided to get a head start on their entrepreneurial ideas. Last April, Johnny Fayad and Ali Kothari obtained money from investors through the Husky Start–Up Challenge, which enabled them to start really making their company New Grounds become a reality. Their first product for New Grounds is CoffeeBars, which features vegan, gluten–free, energy bars that contain a whole cup of coffee. READ MORE

Campus Celeb: Austin Williams

By Hope Oje
March 20, 2014 - 12:00am

Name: Austin Williams Year: Second Year Hometown: Orange County, CA Major: Dual Environmental Studies and Political Science Major with a Minor in Social Activism What made you want to get involved in HEAT and Divest NU? Environmentalism has always been interesting to me. Growing up, I realized that environmental issues weren't receiving enough attention. They weren’t receiving the attention they deserve. So second semester of freshman year, I joined HEAT. READ MORE

Piper Kerman

By Connor Doherty
February 26, 2014 - 8:00am

READ MORE