Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Northeastern Celebrities

Campus Celeb: Amber Cross

By Emily Feltault
October 31, 2014 - 1:00am

Anyone remember the Lord and Taylor Trendsetter application promoted on Her Campus Northeastern a while back? Well, the position has been filled and we are pleased to welcome one of the two Trendsetters on campus, Amber Cross!  Can you explain the L&T Trendsetter position/what it is in the most general sense? READ MORE

Campus Celebrity: Eve Korte

By Northeastern Contributor
October 24, 2014 - 2:45pm

Eve Korte is a sophomore majoring in communications and minoring in business. Over the summer, she decided to enter the CAMD Goes Global photo contest after receiving an email about it.  She won First Place for a photo she took in Paris last October, based on votes from the CAMD community on the quality of the photo and the story behind it. Eve’s photo submission and story, as well as other winners, were posted on CAMD’s website. Check it out here! READ MORE

Campus Celeb: Josh Belinsky

By Emily Feltault
October 17, 2014 - 12:18pm

What is coffee bar? Where did this idea come from? New Grounds Food, Inc. is a health food company whose mission is to provide the people of the world with a healthy way to stay energized throughout their day. The first product line is a CoffeeBar. The CoffeeBar is an all natural, vegan, and gluten-free energy bar infused with an entire cup of coffee! This idea came from two young entrepreneurs who were always running late to their 8am Financial Accounting class and wanted to find a way to combine their breakfast and coffee. After making an initial recipe for the bar and winning fan favorite at the Husky Startup Challenge, the CoffeeBar was officially on its way! How did you get involved with coffee bar?...

Campus Celebrity: Dewey Macmillen

By Morgan Weadock
October 10, 2014 - 11:18pm

This month is Breast Cancer Awareness month. Some students wear pink to support for the cause, however one Northeastern student is taking awareness to the next level. Name: Dewey MacMillen Major: Business with a marketing concentration Year: Sophomore Interests: Fashion, Boston Sports, baking, Kate Middleton   READ MORE

Campus Celebrity - Jay Pharoah

By Connor Doherty
October 2, 2014 - 1:00am

On Sunday September 28th, the Council of University Programs (CUP)  and fraternity Kappa Sigma brought SNL’s resident celebrity impersonator and rapper extraordinaire Jay Pharoah to headline the 12th Annual Comedy Night. The moment Pharoah stepped onstage it became clear that this would be a comedy show like no other. In his 90 minute set he dropped every obscenity known to man, performed an array of impersonations from Katt Williams to Blue Ivy and managed to heckle at least three unfortunate (or extremely lucky) Northeastern students who found themselves in the comedian’s radar. READ MORE

Campus Celeb: Molly Flynn

By Gwen Schanker
September 26, 2014 - 12:00pm

Molly Flynn, a recent graduate of Simmons College who has interned for Esquire and Cosmopolitan magazine and who now manages her own blog, Boss & Tonic, spoke to Northeastern’s Fashion and Retail Society on Wednesday night about her experiences as a Boston fashion blogger and her advice for students hoping to work in the fashion industry. READ MORE

Campus Celeb: Jeff Bauman

By Emily Feltault
September 19, 2014 - 5:21pm

Being so immersed within the great city of Boston, and so close to the finish line of last year’s Marathon, Northeastern students have been deeply impacted by its aftermath. Because of our close involvement, the Council for University Programs (CUP) decided to bring in Jeff Bauman, one of those severely injured from the first bomb, to talk to students about his life and how it has been impacted since April 16th. Below, CUP’s Lectures chair, Casey Price, talks about the universoty event and how Bauman touched those in the audience. What inspired you to bring in Bauman? READ MORE

Campus Celebrity: Brett Galus

By Morgan Weadock
September 11, 2014 - 12:00pm

Name: Brett Galus Hometown: Southbury, CT Major: Business (Finance/Management) Interests: Swimming, Skiing, Volunteer Work Tell me about End Hunger CT: End Hunger CT! is a non-profit organization located in Hartford, CT that is working to provide kids who are food insecure access to healthy and nutritious food all year long. They work alongside State partner organizations to provide breakfast before school, snacks after school, lunch during the summer while students are out of school and much more. READ MORE

Meet the E-Board: Emily Feltault

By Lauren Spinella
April 18, 2014 - 6:51am

Name: Emily Feltault
From: Topsfield, MA
Major: Communication Studies with a Businesses Administration minor
How long have you been involved with Her Campus Northeastern?
I have been with Her Campus since the first semester of my freshman year READ MORE

Snoop Dogg and Tom Brady at NU

By Her Campus Northeastern
April 10, 2014 - 12:00am

Snoop Dogg headlined Northeastern's Springfest concert this past Saturday. We heard he killed it, but apparently he was a little late to the stage because he was meeting one important Bostonian/New Englander... Tom Brady!! We have to admit, we're a bit jealous that Brady was on NU territory and we didn't get to meet him. However, it completely excuses Snoop Dogg being a bit late. Hey, we would be late too if it meant meeting the dreamiest Patriot out there! We hope all you collegiettes who attended the Springfest concert enjoyed Snoop, Sara Bareilles, and the Cold War Kids!  READ MORE