Celebrate Pi Day With Pie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

As a math major, I love all types of pi(e). With 3/14 being today, you couldn’t ask for a better excuse to make and consume one of these delicious pies. Instead of ignoring the day because you hate math and everything related to numbers just add an “e” to the word and you will forget all about math. Bonus points if you actually like math and eat one of these at 1:59 pm this Thursday! So while you will probably want to avoid me on Pi Day with my “I <3 Math” shirt and song lyrics from Bye Bye Bye changed to Pi Pi Pi, check out these recipes and stay inside baking to lessen the likelihood of having to listen to my singing of “3.1415926535...”

1. Chocolate Cream Pie: Chocolate pie is always a good option and can rarely go wrong. This week is generally the week we all get our midterm grades back so either celebrate or console yourself with this yummy chocolate pie.

[pagebreak]

2. No Bake Key Lime Pie: Wishing you were still on spring break sitting somewhere in the sun when there is still snow on the ground in Boston? This key lime pie will take you to that island somewhere far away.

[pagebreak]

3. Irish Whiskey Pie:Excited for Pi Day AND St. Patrick’s Day? This pie is a two in one for both holidays so break out the whiskey and start baking!

[pagebreak]

4. Classic Sour Cherry Pie with Lattice Crust: Looking for a fruit based pie? Try out this recipe and learn how to make the pretty looking pie crust that goes over the top as well.

[pagebreak]

5. Caramel Apple Crumb Pie: I know it’s not quite apple season and this is more of a fall pie, but just look at the pictures. It looks so good. Channel the warmer fall season by making this pie for Pi Day!

[pagebreak]

6. Caramel Cookie Cheesecake Pie: This pie requires about a billion Twix candy bars and a just a few other ingredients. If you have the courage to sit around and unwrap that many candy bars and not eat them all, then try out this amazing pie!

[pagebreak]

7. S’mores Pie: This pie looks like it will just turn into a gooey mess, but certainly a delicious one.

[pagebreak]

8. Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie: If you aren’t huge on pie (or pi) make this chocolate chip cookie pie that tastes just like a cookie but in pie form.

[pagebreak]

9. Chicken Pot Pie: Pie isn’t only for dessert. Chicken pot pie is one of my favorite things to make and this recipe is tasty. So, incorporate pie into all meals of your day with chicken pot pie for dinner.

[pagebreak]

10. Pizza Pie: Some people (usually Dads) call pizza a “pie” so that is also fair game this Pie Day. If you want to celebrate pi day by eating in the most minimal, cheap, and easy way, a pizza is definitely the way to go.

Melanie Dostis

Northeastern

Melanie Dostis is a journalism major at Northeastern University. She has been involved with Her Campus since her sophomore year, being elected co-correspondent her junior year- a position she is thrilled to continue in her last year. She lives a writing-filled life and wouldn't have it any other way. She is currently interning at Boston Magazine and is a correspondent for the Boston Globe and USA Today. She can usually be found back in her home-roots of wonderful New York on weekends, exploring her second home in Boston, or often back in her family roots of Ecuador, gorging on massive amounts of Hispanic dishes....Follow her on Twitter @MelDostis. HCXO!