Campus Celebrity: Emma Munley

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Name: Emma Munley

Year: Sophomore

Hometown: Syracuse, NY (Snow City)

Major: Marketing & Management 

Student Involvment: Entreprenuers Club, NUMA, Women in Business

How did you get involved in EatStreet?

I became a campus ambassador in September by applying online. By October, I was promoted to a Territory Marketing Intern. In this role, I go to on campus events and promote the app. Since the company is headquartered in Wisconsin, they want to spread the app to bigger cities. My job is to spread awareness about the app here in Boston.  

What is EatStreet

EatStreet is a mobile ordering platform that can be used through an app (that is free at the app store!) or on the website. Anyone can download the app, create an account, and order from real restaurants nearby! There are over 500 restaurants in Boston to order from, including NU favorites such as Cappy’s or Rice Bowl.

What sets EatStreet apart from companies like Seamless and Dominoes?

The app is cool because it saves your orders and provides you exclusive deals from those places in the future. You can also add up points to be used at any restaurants featured on EatStreet. It is much more personal and individualized. The delivery rate is also less expensive. 

What made you interested in working with a start up?

I really liked the idea of working with a start up because its a much different environment than working for established businesses. No matter your age or status, your ideas are taken into account and you have the chance to be heard. It’s a bit different of a typical intern experience because it is a remote position as well. I often have Skype meetings with my boss. However, it is really rewarded to see the impact I am making on the whole company. For insance, I created a Twitter account called BostonSSavings (Boston Student Savings) that tweets about different deals in Boston that correlate to EatStreet’s companies. I am also working with SGA and NUEats to cater through EatStreet. This position has given me a lot of freedom and responsibility and I like being able to sharpen my leadership and innovative skills. 

Download EatStreet and check it out! 

Morgan Weadock

Northeastern

Morgan is currently a third year at Northeastern University in Boston working towards a degree in Finance and a dual minor in Economics and Political Science. She is the co-president and Campus Correspondent for the Northeastern Her Campus Chapter and also involved with Alpha Kappa Psi and Streak Media. Morgan is originally from NJ and despite popular sentiment believes it to be the best state in the country. Her interests include cooking things that don't look as pretty as they did on Pinterest, reading while drinking tea, going to the beach, fitness and nutrition, and Netflix binging (: