Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Northeastern Blog

Run Forrest, Run

By Anna Wendt
October 22, 2014 - 1:00am

One of the best exercises that you can do is run and luckily for you, Boston is an exciting place to explore through running. The Charles River, depending on where you live is a mile away from campus and is filled with beautiful views of the city and waterfront. There are trees to climb and pictures to take! READ MORE

The Perfect Care Package

By Melissa Healy
October 21, 2014 - 1:00am

Everyone loves getting mail (except when it contains bills), especially care packages from family and friends back home.   READ MORE

HC Back to School Survival Kits!

By Morgan Weadock
October 20, 2014 - 1:00am

This year, Nationals and our amazing co - sponsors sent us goodies to help us fall back into the routine of managing classes, gym sessions, and time with our friends! Here are some of the things girls on Northeastern's campus are loving right now: To start your morning or for a quick snack between classes, Luna gave us a bunch of mini bars in two flavors: Chocolate Dipped Coconut and Chocolate Peppermint Stick. Both are delicious but Chocolate Peppermint Stick is my personal favorite!  READ MORE

Room to Read Hosts “Box Out the Barriers” Event

By Gwen Schanker
October 17, 2014 - 12:23pm

“Education for girls matters because…” How would you fill in the blank, collegiettes? Last weekend activist groups around the country celebrated International Day of the Girl Child, which took place on October 11. The day was established by the United Nations in 2012 to celebrate girl power around the world and to give activist groups a chance to raise awareness for gender equality. International Day of the Girl was recognized worldwide, and President Obama published a proclamation in honor of the day. READ MORE

Fad Diets: The Master Cleanse

By Anna Wendt
October 16, 2014 - 1:00am

There are many different diets and cleansing options that are swirling around the Internet. One of the most popular ones is called the Master Cleanse, or the lemonade diet. This involves giving up food for x amount of days and drinking homemade lemonade that includes lemon juice, cayenne pepper and maple syrup. There are also other things that can be done in conjunction with consuming this drink that I didn’t partake in. This week my roommate, Katie, and I decided that we were going to give this cleanse a try. She had done it once before over the summer and had been successful. We decided that during the week would be best and that we would attempt for 4 days: Tuesday through Friday. READ MORE...

The 5 Stages of Loss for Boston Sports Fans

By Lindsay Marum
October 15, 2014 - 1:00am

It’s been a tough year for Boston sports fans. We lost Jon Lester and half of our World Series dream team, the Bruins traded Boychuck and Thornton, and the rumor mills are buzzing with gossip about Rondo and Brady getting ready to pack it up and leave. One of the hardest things about rooting for Boston sports is losing your favorite players. I remember when my dad told me Johnny Damon was going to the Yankees after our historic 2004 World Series win. “But why would he want to leave Boston and go to New York?” I asked. “We’re the best!” No matter what team you root for, if your favorite player gets traded, retires or willingly joins another team, there are certain stages everyone goes through upon hearing the news....

Dorm Recipes for Fall

By Northeastern Contributor
October 15, 2014 - 1:00am

While things are cooling down outside, heat up your dorm and your stomach with these fun and easy recipes! Fall in love with this classic taste of fall; a pumpkin spice latte mug cake! Super simple to whip up in your dorm in no time, and perfect to combat the depressing weather outside. PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE MUG CAKE INGREDIENTS: 4 tbsp (30g) all-purpose flour 1/4 tsp baking powder 2 tbsp (25g) granulated sugar READ MORE

The Top 6 College Rape Myths

By Lindsay Marum
October 9, 2014 - 9:00pm

If you or a friend has ever been the victim of a sexual assault, you are fully aware that sometimes the aftermath of the event can be as traumatic as the attack itself. People start asking questions, trying to make sure you’re not confused about what happened, asking if you were drinking or flirting with your attacker; it’s like you’re being assaulted all over again. Why is it that with other crimes such as robbery and murder, no one ever says “Well she was wearing a short skirt” or “Well he didn’t say I could rob him but he didn’t say I could not rob him either so I figured it was okay”? Why is rape the only crime where society tries to blame the victim? READ MORE

Squats: A Girl's Best Friend

By Anna Wendt
October 9, 2014 - 1:00am

One of the best exercises you can do is a squat. They don’t require equipment (although if you have access there are even more variations possible) and can be done anywhere you have space. It engages your whole leg, your butt and your core. Here are some squats to help you achieve that butt you’ve always wanted. 1.     A Normal Squat2. The Sumo Squat 3. The Curtsy Squat
  READ MORE

Response: Boston College Fashion Week 2014

By Gwen Schanker
October 8, 2014 - 2:00am

On Saturday, October 4, Her Campus Media hosted College Fashion Week, a three-hour fashion event that took place at The Estate Club and featured hair products from TRESemme, foundation from bareMinerals and clothing from the boohoo fashion closet. Each attendee was given a swag bag containing a few freebies as well as coupons from this year’s sponsors, and the event itself included an hour-long fashion show that interspersed three catwalk looks from boohoo (titled “Imperial,” “Brooklyn Princess,” and “Woodlander”) with performances by dance and music groups from various Boston schools. READ MORE