Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Northeastern Blog

7 Study Tips for Finals

By Morgan Weadock
April 23, 2014 - 12:13pm

Spring is approaching and all you want to do is lay outside and relax in the sun. Except you have multiple finals coming up that are worth a third of your total grade in each course. It’s a total buzz kill and completely overwhelming to many collegiates as well. With all that material to review, many students don’t even know where to begin. However, if you prepare early, studying for finals may not be fun, but it can be much more manageable. Tip 1: Make a study schedule… and stick to it READ MORE

Coachella Playlist

By Catalina Biesman-Simons
April 16, 2014 - 7:11pm

Remember how annoying it is during music festival season when that one kid is like the walking Wikipedia page for obscure band knowledge? Here is your crash-course Coachella playlist, a foolproof musical guide to becoming that kid (don’t lie, you know you want to). You already know about Arcade Fire and OutKast, so checkout these non-headliners to successfully transition from mainstream to “too cool for streams.” For those of the pop/rock/indie persuasion:
Seasons (Waiting On You)- Future Islands No Destruction- Foxygen READ MORE

Women Who Should Have Replaced Letterman

By Catalina Biesman-Simons
April 16, 2014 - 7:01pm

I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but women host none of the major late night comedy slots. Letterman’s retirement in 2015 provides the perfect opening for a comedy queen to pick up the slack. As much as I love Stephen Colbert, I was sincerely disappointed when I saw that he has signed on to fill the empty spot. Here are my top picks for women who should have been Letterman’s replacement: READ MORE

Why Boston is Wicked Strong

By Lindsay Marum
April 11, 2014 - 12:00am

READ MORE

Our New Favorite Shopping App + Exclusive Giveaway

By Her Campus Northeastern
April 9, 2014 - 12:00am

There’s nothing we love more than original trendy finds, but when boutiques are the place to snag our newest looks, shopping can get complicated--and expensive! Ladies, shopping just got a lot easier. How? Introducing Boutikey! This new fashion mobile app allows fashion-forward customers to: READ MORE

Ingredients of a Perfect Easter Basket

By Emily Feltault
April 9, 2014 - 12:00am

Despite its obvious religious significance, Easter Sunday is a day full of chocolate bunnies the size of your face, an inordinate amount of jelly beans, and loose fitting pants to make for easy consumption. Although not all families have Easter baskets as part of their tradition, I have always had one, and so am a bit of an expert on the topic. Should you be looking to create a basket for a friend this year or send some suggestions to your family, here are the ingredients for a perfect Easter basket. 1. Jelly Beans. You have to start out with a solid foundation to your basket, so why not do so with a beautifully colorful layer of Starburst brand jelly beans lining the bottom? READ MORE...

My First Relay For Life

By Emily Feltault
April 2, 2014 - 8:00am

On the evening of March 21st, about 2,700 people met at Matthews Arena, where many would walk for 12 hours throughout the night. They raised a total of $240,000 along the way. What inspired them to do this? The possibility to find a cure for cancer and create a world with more birthdays. Relay for Life at Northeastern was a huge success this year, not only because it raised nearly a quarter of a million dollars for the American Cancer Society, but for other, unquantifiable reasons as well. READ MORE

UMM, Is it really spring? As told by Neil Patrick Harris

By Gwen Schanker
April 1, 2014 - 8:30am

It’s pretty common knowledge that winter in the Northeast starts in mid-October, with no promise of stopping until the end of April.
However, that doesn’t stop all of us from hoping that spring will come early, just this once. We enjoy the snow throughout the holiday season… But by mid-January, it starts to get the better of us. READ MORE

Pretty Little Liars: Finale Recap

By Morgan Weadock
March 28, 2014 - 11:21am

Last week, the PLL season finale premiered, which meant it was the first episode of the year where anything interesting actually occurred. Admit it, these finales are basically the reason you continue to watch the show season after season despite the lack of answers and excruciating poor life choices of the four girls. This whole season, glimpses of Ali alive have been seen in each episode, however she is still as enigmatic as ever before. In the last episode of season four, we finally got to find out what happened to Ali the night she disappeared. It turns out her own mother buried her alive.
READ MORE

So, You're a Feminist. Now What?

By Catalina Biesman-Simons
March 26, 2014 - 8:00am

I’ve identified as a feminist for a long time, despite stereotypes like “feminazi” clouding the term in the public sphere. If you’re not sure if you’re a feminist or not, here is a helpful quiz: http://areyouafeminist.com Now that we’ve got that out of the way, I think it’s safe to assume that you are indeed a feminist. The next step is, sadly, more difficult; let’s call it coming out of the patriarchal closet of subjugation. You have made this realization that, like Rebecca West, you wish to “express sentiments that differentiate [you] from a doormat”. READ MORE