Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Northeastern Blog

Fifteen Reasons to Be Happy That Gilmore Girls Is Coming to Netflix

By Morgan Weadock
September 18, 2014 - 10:00am

Apparently, this month Netflix said “Oy with the poodles already!” to its users and decided to FINALLY stream all seven seasons of Gilmore Girls starting October 1. Now you can enjoy the popular 2000’s drama and all of Lorelai Gilmore’s fabulous life lessons whenever you want, but preferably while drinking coffee and wishing you were at Luke’s Diner. Here are some reasons why we should all be excited to get to revisit Stars Hollow: 1) Whether you grew up in the suburbs or an exciting city, there was always a little part of you that felt empty for not getting to grow up in Stars Hollow READ MORE

Introducing... Our New Fitness Column!

By Anna Wendt
September 17, 2014 - 12:00pm

Research has shown that if healthier habits are developed in the early twenties, then they will carry on further into adulthood. That is a lot of pressure to put on a college girl who is juggling classes, potential clubs and extracurricular activities, maintaining friendships, and more.  A girl can only take so much, but living healthy is actually easier than one may think. Join me as I, a typical college sophomore; try to create new and healthy habits for myself. READ MORE

Moving Off Campus: A Horror Story

By Emily Feltault
September 12, 2014 - 4:05pm

With the excitement of coming back to school, seeing friends from opposite coasts and getting back into classes or coop comes the anxiety, stress and headache that is moving and relocating.   For on campus residents the struggle is prevalent with small elevators, faulty carts or the horrifying moment of a suitcase opening to reveal your underwear to a whole group of college boys. Moving off campus, however, is often a recurring nightmare for many Boston area students. With the added difficulty of navigating busy city streets, moving more furniture further distances and a lack of university aide, upperclassmen residents have many horror stories to tell. READ MORE

3 Ways to Gain Industry Experience on Campus

By Emily Feltault
September 8, 2014 - 9:51am

Everybody knows that you need to have a great résumé to land your dream job! But how are you supposed to juggle a major and a minor, studying for the GRE and boosting your CV? Here are three ways you can gain industry experience without even leaving campus!   Join a club related to the field you’re interested in http://thecabin.net/news/2012-09-20/cbc-volunteer-fair-seeks-inspire READ MORE

The Best Way to Be the Face of Your Favorite Brands at Northeastern

By Emily Feltault
September 3, 2014 - 5:16pm

How would you feel about representing brands like Barbour, French Connection, BCBG, Vince Camuto, Frye, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Free People, Sam Edelman and Joe’s Jeans? Pretty good, right? Look no further, collegiettes: Here’s your chance to be the face of some of your favorite brands on Northeastern’s campus! READ MORE

7 Study Tips for Finals

By Morgan Weadock
April 23, 2014 - 12:13pm

Spring is approaching and all you want to do is lay outside and relax in the sun. Except you have multiple finals coming up that are worth a third of your total grade in each course. It’s a total buzz kill and completely overwhelming to many collegiates as well. With all that material to review, many students don’t even know where to begin. However, if you prepare early, studying for finals may not be fun, but it can be much more manageable. Tip 1: Make a study schedule… and stick to it READ MORE

Coachella Playlist

By Catalina Biesman-Simons
April 16, 2014 - 7:11pm

Remember how annoying it is during music festival season when that one kid is like the walking Wikipedia page for obscure band knowledge? Here is your crash-course Coachella playlist, a foolproof musical guide to becoming that kid (don’t lie, you know you want to). You already know about Arcade Fire and OutKast, so checkout these non-headliners to successfully transition from mainstream to “too cool for streams.” For those of the pop/rock/indie persuasion:
Seasons (Waiting On You)- Future Islands No Destruction- Foxygen READ MORE

Women Who Should Have Replaced Letterman

By Catalina Biesman-Simons
April 16, 2014 - 7:01pm

I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but women host none of the major late night comedy slots. Letterman’s retirement in 2015 provides the perfect opening for a comedy queen to pick up the slack. As much as I love Stephen Colbert, I was sincerely disappointed when I saw that he has signed on to fill the empty spot. Here are my top picks for women who should have been Letterman’s replacement: READ MORE

Why Boston is Wicked Strong

By Lindsay Marum
April 11, 2014 - 12:00am

READ MORE

Ingredients of a Perfect Easter Basket

By Emily Feltault
April 9, 2014 - 12:00am

Despite its obvious religious significance, Easter Sunday is a day full of chocolate bunnies the size of your face, an inordinate amount of jelly beans, and loose fitting pants to make for easy consumption. Although not all families have Easter baskets as part of their tradition, I have always had one, and so am a bit of an expert on the topic. Should you be looking to create a basket for a friend this year or send some suggestions to your family, here are the ingredients for a perfect Easter basket. 1. Jelly Beans. You have to start out with a solid foundation to your basket, so why not do so with a beautifully colorful layer of Starburst brand jelly beans lining the bottom? READ MORE...