Best Places to Brunch in Boston

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Ahhh, brunch… My favorite meal of all. Who doesn’t like to wake up late on Saturdays and Sundays and still manage to eat breakfast? Brunch is an excellent way to start a lazy weekend day or gather with friends and reminisce about those crazy nights out in Beantown. Whether you choose to drink mimosas or a delicious french vanilla latte with your plate, keep in mind that you MUST leave room for dessert! I’m always on the lookout for brunch deals and specials because, as a collegiette, I unfortunately live on a budget. I compiled a list of places around Boston that are well-priced, delicious, and have a nice ambiance. Bon Appétit!

1. Tremont647Feel like you’re too comfortable in your pajamas to dress up for brunch? No problem! Here at Tremont647 you can come wearing sleepwear because they have a pajama brunch (Yes, it is actually called “Sunday Pajama Brunch”).This restaurant won Best of Boston Brunch in 2004, and after eating here we can see why. Tremont647 has everything from Huevos Rancheros to Vanilla Baked French Toast. And the best part? All of the entrees are under $15! Tremont647- 647 Tremont St.. Sunday brunch is served from 10:30am to 3:00pm.
  2. CHURCH– This restaurant is FAR from being a religious institution. Come here for a delicious
    twist on brunch plates like the famous “Toad in a Hole” French Toast ( Iggy’s brioche, poached egg, maple syrup $10) or the French Style Omelette (with fine herbs, shallots, roasted mushrooms, fontina- $9) Feeling sinful? Try one of their signature cocktails named after the Seven Deadly Sins: Greed, Sloth, Wrath, Gluttony, Vanity, Lust, and Envy. Bonus: All of the entrees are under $15! Church of Boston- 69 Kilmarmock St. Sunday Brunch is served from 11:00am to 5:00pm.
  3. The Paramount– Whenever you’re on Charles Street over at Beacon Hill, you might want to stand in line for about 45 minutes (I promise it’s worth the wait!) to get a hands on one of the best brunch places in town.This place is famous for its unusual service: You stand in line with your tray in front of the kitchen while you wait to order and then pay and they bring the food to your table. Order a plate of Fresh Banana and Caramel French Toast ($7.50) or one of their tasty Tomato, Basil, and Fresh Mozzarella Omelettes ($8.50) One of the best breakfast/brunch places in Boston, guaranteed. 44 Charles St. Beacon Hill. Sunday breakfast/brunch is served from 8:00am to 4:30pm.
  4.  North Street Grille– This is not your ordinary brunch place. This amazing little brunch spot is located over at North End. The menu is pretty innovational and thrilling! Again, you’ll have to wait to be seated because it’s THAT exquisite! The portions are pretty generous, and the service is great. If you decide to visit (I’m sure you will) order the mouthwatering Nutella filled French Toast, they are to DIE for! Or try the Lobster Egg Benedicts with breakfast potatoes. North Street Grille- 229 North St.. Sunday brunch is served from 8:00am to 3:00pm.

5. Max Brenner– A chocolate bar and restaurant that centers on the chocolate culture with the idea of creating a chocolate adventure for everyone. Being one of my FAVORITE spots in Boylston, I must rate it 5 starts. It is a truly amazing and unforgettable experience. For brunch, ordering Cinnamon Apple and White Chocolate Truffle Cream French Toast ($14.95) is worth the splurge and the Chocolate Cheesecake Crépes ($10.95) are divine. I highly recommend this place for all those hungry collegiettes out there! Max Brenner- 745 Boylston St. Sunday brunch is served from 10:00am to 3:00pm. 
  6. UpStairs on the Square: Now this is a REALLY nice place to go eat brunch. It’s also one of my favorites because you’re right in the middle of beautiful Harvard Square. This two-story restaurant features the Monday Club Bar (a casual funky space with a spectacular rose colored serpentine bar– they make really yummy pink cocktails!) and the Zebra room (raspberry walls with breathtaking chandeliers accompanied by a panoramic view of the park) on the first floor and two other rooms on the second floor (The Soirée Dining Room and The Jewel Box Room). You cannot visit UpStairs on the Square without having a delicious plate of the Lobster Omelette (served with sauteed mushrooms, brie, and petite salade- $18) or the Monte Cristo (smoked ham, gruyere, and caramelized onions- $14). It is located on 91 Winthrop St., Cambridge and Sunday Brunch is served from 10:00am to 3:00pm.
Melanie Dostis

Northeastern

Melanie Dostis is a journalism major at Northeastern University. She has been involved with Her Campus since her sophomore year, being elected co-correspondent her junior year- a position she is thrilled to continue in her last year. She lives a writing-filled life and wouldn't have it any other way. She is currently interning at Boston Magazine and is a correspondent for the Boston Globe and USA Today. She can usually be found back in her home-roots of wonderful New York on weekends, exploring her second home in Boston, or often back in her family roots of Ecuador, gorging on massive amounts of Hispanic dishes....Follow her on Twitter @MelDostis. HCXO!