andrew neel 7crB2ccrmPo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
andrew neel 7crB2ccrmPo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

“The Bachelor” Pre-Hometowns Recap

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

*Serious spoilers ahead*

Seven women, four dates, four roses. The pressure facing this week’s The Bachelor contestants was definitely visible. Not only were four out of the seven remaining contestants going to be sent home, but the girls who received roses were going to bring Arie home to meet their families and explore their hometowns.

At the beginning of the episode, Chris Harrison revealed that there are going to be three one-on-one dates and one group date. So naturally, the remaining girls, Becca, Lauren, Tia, Seinne, Kendall, Bekah, and Jacqueline, were dying to receive a one-on-one date card.

Courtesy of Giphy

The first one-on-one date card was awarded to Becca K. Arie said their relationship had been stuck since their last one-on-one date (maybe because it was forever ago), and he wanted to see if their connection was still there. They explored Barga, Italy, had a heartfelt discussion, smooched, and Arie gave her the rose, which isn’t all that surprising.

Courtesy of Giphy

Meanwhile, Jacqueline revealed that she was having major doubts about whether or not she should be there. She explained that she had doubts on her previous date with Arie, so she went to talk to him after he got back from his date with Becca K. Jacqueline told Arie how she felt, and ultimately pulled herself out of the race and headed home. Even though there were a few tears shed, this was the best decision for her because she wants to get a Ph.D, which would have been extremely hard if she ended the the show engaged to Arie.

Courtesy of Blogspot

Next up was a one-on-one date with Lauren B. At first it seemed beyond awkward, because Lauren is super quiet, but she opened up more over dinner. She told Arie that she’s falling in love with him… and then Arie basically said “B.R.B.,” and went for a little walk in the middle of their conversation (me to Arie: what are you doing?!). At this point, Lauren was worried that she said too much, but thankfully, Arie came back and told her that he feels the same way, and gave her a rose.

Courtesy of Giphy

Seinne received the last one-on-one, but her luck ran out there. She spent the day hunting truffles with Arie and Julio (an Italian truffle hunting expert, of course). They ate lunch with Julio and his family, who kept a constant stream of nosey questions flowing for Arie and Seinne to answer. They then had dinner, and talked about hometowns, but Arie felt like something was a little off, so he sent Seinne home without a rose.

Courtesy of EW Edit

The last date was by far the most dramatic one. Kendall, Bekah M, and Tia joined Arie at Villa Royale to explore, hang out, and most importantly, to convince Arie they’re the one. The first woman to talk to Arie was Kendall, who informed him that she would probably move to Scottsdale if they ended up together. Next up was Tia, who decided she needed to let Arie know that Bekah just isn’t ready for marriage because of her lack of experience. Needless to say, this really upset Bekah, who started sobbing and talked to Arie about how Tia’s words aren’t accurate at all.

Courtesy of On Milwaukee 

After this drama session, Arie handed a rose to Kendall, but had to continue the date with Bekah and Tia to figure out who to give the remaining rose to. So, the three-on-one turned into a two-on-one, and Bekah, Tia, and Arie went to dinner… Awkward. Bekah and Tia both got alone time with Arie to plead their case, and Arie (unsurprisingly) ended up giving the rose to Tia.

What does all of this mean? The Bachelor is at the final four mark, and we’re only a few episodes away from finding out who Arie chooses to spend his life with.

Philosophy Neuroscience Psychology major at WashU