Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Northeastern Archives

Exclusive Reed Krakoff Shopping Event!

By Northeastern Contributor
May 8, 2014 - 12:07am

Although many collegiates on other campuses are preparing for finals or packing up their dorms, many of you are still at Northeastern for summer classes or for co-op. This gives you guys plenty of time to check out the exclusive shopping event Reed Krakoff is hosting for the month of May! Reed Krakoff is a store that sells handbags, jewelry, shoes, and other accessories. From May 1st to May 31st, its Bolyston location on Saks Fifth Avenue is offering a 20% discount on entire purchases to current or graduating college students! It is the perfect chance to get a professional bag to use on co-op, a nice necklace for your mom for Mother's Day, or an end of spring semester celebratory splurge for yourself!...

Jessica Fortier

By Catalina Biesman-Simons
April 25, 2014 - 1:00pm

Name: Jessica Fortier Age: 19 Year at NU: Freshman Major: Communication Studies Hometown: Franklin, MA Relationship Status: Single :) Secret Talent: Singing Guilty Pleasure: Netflix  Favorite Food: Mac ‘n cheese  Celebrity Crush: Dylan O’Brien Favorite Place in Boston: Newbury Street READ MORE

7 Study Tips for Finals

By Morgan Weadock
April 23, 2014 - 12:13pm

Spring is approaching and all you want to do is lay outside and relax in the sun. Except you have multiple finals coming up that are worth a third of your total grade in each course. It’s a total buzz kill and completely overwhelming to many collegiates as well. With all that material to review, many students don’t even know where to begin. However, if you prepare early, studying for finals may not be fun, but it can be much more manageable. Tip 1: Make a study schedule… and stick to it READ MORE

Meet the E-Board: Emily Feltault

By Lauren Spinella
April 18, 2014 - 6:51am

Name: Emily Feltault
From: Topsfield, MA
Major: Communication Studies with a Businesses Administration minor
How long have you been involved with Her Campus Northeastern?
I have been with Her Campus since the first semester of my freshman year READ MORE

Bridget Bunda

By Morgan Weadock
April 16, 2014 - 7:37pm

Name: Bridget A. Bunda
Place: Connecticut
Year: Freshman
Major: Health Science (F-yah!)
Involvement on Campus
Peer Health Exchange, Art Collaborative Three Words to Describe Yourself
Sociable, Impulsive, Out-spoken READ MORE

What's the First Thing You're Going to do After Finals?

By Lauren Spinella

Coachella Playlist

By Catalina Biesman-Simons
April 16, 2014 - 7:11pm

Remember how annoying it is during music festival season when that one kid is like the walking Wikipedia page for obscure band knowledge? Here is your crash-course Coachella playlist, a foolproof musical guide to becoming that kid (don’t lie, you know you want to). You already know about Arcade Fire and OutKast, so checkout these non-headliners to successfully transition from mainstream to “too cool for streams.” For those of the pop/rock/indie persuasion:
Seasons (Waiting On You)- Future Islands No Destruction- Foxygen READ MORE

Women Who Should Have Replaced Letterman

By Catalina Biesman-Simons
April 16, 2014 - 7:01pm

I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but women host none of the major late night comedy slots. Letterman’s retirement in 2015 provides the perfect opening for a comedy queen to pick up the slack. As much as I love Stephen Colbert, I was sincerely disappointed when I saw that he has signed on to fill the empty spot. Here are my top picks for women who should have been Letterman’s replacement: READ MORE

Retail Therapy: A Story of Betrayal

By Hope Oje
April 16, 2014 - 6:54pm

Who doesn't love a little retail therapy? Sometimes, nothing else feels better. But what if the one thing that gives you the most joy is simultaneously stabbing you in the back? If you see the following labels and signs, proceed with caution!
1. Two for one/"BOGO" READ MORE

Saying Goodbye to Boston

By Emily Feltault
April 16, 2014 - 6:37pm

Whether it’s for four months or the foreseeable future, saying so long to such an amazing city is never easy. Boston has so much to offer our generation in terms of opportunities, entertainment and convenience. Everything you could ever need is right around the corner or a “quick” T ride away. For the seniors who are becoming real people outside of Beantown, or even the freshman leaving for the first time, here are some things to reminisce about. READ MORE