Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Northeastern Archives

Eating Right

By Anna Wendt
September 30, 2014 - 10:34am

Do you work out like a maniac but are slow to see results? This could be for two reasons: 1. It takes 4 weeks to really see results in yourself; the human body doesn’t change overnight, it takes time to develop muscles and shed weight. 2. You are still eating more than you should be. If your goal is to lose weight, there are some things you need to keep in mind READ MORE

New Fall Shows to Watch

By Andie Scibetta
September 30, 2014 - 1:00am

A to Z   This adorable, single-cam comedy pays homage to “500 Days of Summer.” The series follows two 20-somethings, Andrew and Zelda, from the first time they meet to the end of their relationship. As the pilot puts it, “this television program is the comprehensive account of their relationship, from A to Z.” From the minute the pilot starts - it opens with Andrew singing to Celine Dion alone in his car - it’s evident that this is going to be a fun show to watch. To add to the fun, Zelda is played by the loveable How I Met Your Mother actress Cristin Miloti.   Premieres Thursday Oct. 2 9/8c READ MORE

Northeastern Annual Underwear Run 2014

By Morgan Weadock

Great Caesar Concert

By Morgan Weadock

College Fashion Week!

By Morgan Weadock
September 29, 2014 - 10:50am

Join fellow HC members as well as girls from colleges all over Boston for a fun night filled with food, swag, and cute outfit ideas! READ MORE

5 Highlights from Parenthood’s Season 6 Premiere

By Jillian Ferrari
September 29, 2014 - 1:00am

The first episode of Parenthood’s sixth and final season premiered on Thursday, prepping us for what looks to be an emotional rollercoaster of a goodbye to the Bravermans. If you’re a college student who keeps up with the show, chances are you watch it alone, hiding behind your laptop to avoid the sneer of your roommate. But Braverman-wannabes, it’s time to shed the stigma and embrace our Parenthood pride!   Here are five highlights from the 6th season opener that remind us why we love Parenthood. (Warning: spoilers ahead.)   READ MORE

How to Tell if a Guy is Flirting with You - A Guide for Awkward People

By Natalie S.
September 29, 2014 - 1:00am

Do you ever wonder whether a guy chatting you up is being flirty...or just friendly? Sometimes it’s hard to tell. He could just be complimenting you because he’s extroverted and has no qualms about possible rejection. Or he could just be reporting an observation, or stating his opinion without much thought. The thing is, you kind of wish he was flirting with you because he has a non-creepy and genuine smile, and, quite frankly, you haven’t kissed, let alone had sex with, anyone since...ever. You kind of want to be intimate, but you don’t know where to start. Especially because you can’t read social cues. READ MORE

Campus Cutie: Jenny Mulroy

By Morgan Weadock
September 26, 2014 - 5:06pm

Name: Jennifer Mulroy Hometown: Alpharetta, GA Year: Sophmore Major/Minor: Marketing and Managment/ Sociology Campus Involvement: Art Collab/NUMA Three Words to Describe Yourself: Outgoing, Curious, and Quirky Favorite TV Shows: How I Met Your Mother, New Girl, and Iron Chef America Favorite Books: Poisonwood Bible, Fault in Our Stars, and Eleanor & Park READ MORE

Campus Celeb: Molly Flynn

By Gwen Schanker
September 26, 2014 - 12:00pm

Molly Flynn, a recent graduate of Simmons College who has interned for Esquire and Cosmopolitan magazine and who now manages her own blog, Boss & Tonic, spoke to Northeastern’s Fashion and Retail Society on Wednesday night about her experiences as a Boston fashion blogger and her advice for students hoping to work in the fashion industry. READ MORE

Sisterhood in Full Swing

By Emily Feltault
September 25, 2014 - 4:41pm

On Tuesday September 23rd hundreds of Northeastern women accepted bids to various sororities, all members of the Panhellenic Council, after a recruitment filled weekend. Congrats collegiates!! READ MORE