Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Northeastern Archives

The Perfect Care Package

By Melissa Healy
October 21, 2014 - 1:00am

Everyone loves getting mail (except when it contains bills), especially care packages from family and friends back home.   READ MORE

Halloween Events on Campus!

By Morgan Weadock
October 21, 2014 - 1:00am

As Halloween starts to approach, Northeastern prepares to entertain its students. If you haven't noticed the signs around campus, here is an overview of some of the events happening: Tuesday, October 21 AfterHours will be showing Halloweentown (everyone's favorite Disney Channel movie) and giving out free pumpkin cheesecake. Halloweentown is 16 years old, so get ready to feel nostalgic. Sunday, October 26 Pumpkin Palooza will be held in Centennial Circle. There will be free pumpkins, pumpkin carving, cider, caramel apples and more! READ MORE

Pumpkin Palooza!

By Morgan Weadock

HC Back to School Survival Kits!

By Morgan Weadock
October 20, 2014 - 1:00am

This year, Nationals and our amazing co - sponsors sent us goodies to help us fall back into the routine of managing classes, gym sessions, and time with our friends! Here are some of the things girls on Northeastern's campus are loving right now: To start your morning or for a quick snack between classes, Luna gave us a bunch of mini bars in two flavors: Chocolate Dipped Coconut and Chocolate Peppermint Stick. Both are delicious but Chocolate Peppermint Stick is my personal favorite!  READ MORE

Room to Read Hosts “Box Out the Barriers” Event

By Gwen Schanker
October 17, 2014 - 12:23pm

“Education for girls matters because…” How would you fill in the blank, collegiettes? Last weekend activist groups around the country celebrated International Day of the Girl Child, which took place on October 11. The day was established by the United Nations in 2012 to celebrate girl power around the world and to give activist groups a chance to raise awareness for gender equality. International Day of the Girl was recognized worldwide, and President Obama published a proclamation in honor of the day. READ MORE

Campus Celeb: Josh Belinsky

By Emily Feltault
October 17, 2014 - 12:18pm

What is coffee bar? Where did this idea come from? New Grounds Food, Inc. is a health food company whose mission is to provide the people of the world with a healthy way to stay energized throughout their day. The first product line is a CoffeeBar. The CoffeeBar is an all natural, vegan, and gluten-free energy bar infused with an entire cup of coffee! This idea came from two young entrepreneurs who were always running late to their 8am Financial Accounting class and wanted to find a way to combine their breakfast and coffee. After making an initial recipe for the bar and winning fan favorite at the Husky Startup Challenge, the CoffeeBar was officially on its way! How did you get involved with coffee bar?...

Huskies Return to the Ice!

By Morgan Weadock, Melissa Healy
October 17, 2014 - 1:00am

Over the long weekend, the Northeastern Men's Hockey Team played their second home game against UVM. Despite the 2-6 loss, we have faith in their comeback!!   READ MORE

Campus Cutie: Mahin Rahman

By Emily Feltault
October 17, 2014 - 1:00am

Name: Mahin Rahman.  Hometown: Ottawa, ON, Canada Year: Sophomore  Major/Minor: Physical Therapy/Psych  Three Words to Describe Yourself: Outgoing, honest, ambitious  Favorite TV Shows: The Office, Mindy Project, Law & Order: SVU, Criminal Minds Favorite Books: Harry Potter Series, HONY, Walk Two Moons Favorite Boston Location: Newbury St.  Dream Job: High Performance Sports Athlete Rehabilitation  Travel Bucketlist: Travel around the world, meet Kanye West, go to a Bey concert READ MORE

Fad Diets: The Master Cleanse

By Anna Wendt
October 16, 2014 - 1:00am

There are many different diets and cleansing options that are swirling around the Internet. One of the most popular ones is called the Master Cleanse, or the lemonade diet. This involves giving up food for x amount of days and drinking homemade lemonade that includes lemon juice, cayenne pepper and maple syrup. There are also other things that can be done in conjunction with consuming this drink that I didn’t partake in. This week my roommate, Katie, and I decided that we were going to give this cleanse a try. She had done it once before over the summer and had been successful. We decided that during the week would be best and that we would attempt for 4 days: Tuesday through Friday. READ MORE...

Happy Midterms NU!

By Morgan Weadock
October 16, 2014 - 1:00am

It's that time of October again: midterm season. Snell will start to fill up more than it has all semester and Starbucks line in AfterHours will be longer than when the Pumpkin Spice Latte premiered this fall. Good luck studying!    READ MORE