Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Northeastern Archives

Campus Celeb: Amber Cross

By Emily Feltault
October 31, 2014 - 1:00am

Anyone remember the Lord and Taylor Trendsetter application promoted on Her Campus Northeastern a while back? Well, the position has been filled and we are pleased to welcome one of the two Trendsetters on campus, Amber Cross!  Can you explain the L&T Trendsetter position/what it is in the most general sense? READ MORE

All About That Body Image

By Lindsay Marum
October 30, 2014 - 1:00pm

The music industry doesn’t have the best track record for it’s depiction of women; we’re constantly referred to as “shorties” or “sexy bitches” by rappers, and depicted as skinny, well-endowed strippers in music videos. Now women singers have been using music to spread messages of female empowerment, particularly with body image. “All About That Bass” and “Anaconda” are two popular examples of strong women embracing their bodies and daring anyone to criticize their sizes. Unfortunately, their anger is directed at the wrong people. READ MORE

NU Annual Underwear Run

By Emily Feltault
October 30, 2014 - 3:00am

On Friday over 2,000 Northeastern students, from freshmen to seniors, hit what are normally main roads (like Huntington Ave.) and populated buildings (such as the Prudential Center) in nothing but their underwear. The 9th Annual Underwear Run, held during Parents' Weekend at NEU, always draws large crowds to campus and generates a great deal of local and city wide attention. Wouldn't you stop and wonder just what in the heck was going on as students gallavanted through the city, ending with a dip in the Christian Science Reflecting Pool. READ MORE

Campus Cutie: Marie Mitchell

By Melissa Healy
October 29, 2014 - 1:00am

Name: Marie Mitchell Hometown: Newbury Park, CA Year: Middler Major: Electrical Engineering Favorite part about your major: The opportunities to design new things in an ever-changing industry. First Co-op: Philips Color Kinetics Favorite thing about Boston: The North End READ MORE

Fad Diets: The Paleo Diet

By Anna Wendt
October 29, 2014 - 12:31am

What is the Paleo diet? This is a diet that is essentially the healthiest way to eat as it is optimized to fit what humans have adapted to eat. It is described as the hunter-gatherer diet that involves only eating foods that could’ve been consumed by humans before processed food came about, or what early humans would’ve eaten. Why should you go Paleo? There are many health benefits that come from giving up processed food. Reduce your risk of heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and most chronic degenerative diseases that affect people in the western world READ MORE

Punny Halloween Costumes

By Morgan Weadock
October 28, 2014 - 1:20am

Everyone has their personal preferences for Halloween costumes. Some like to dress sexy, some go for the gory look, and some just want to make people laugh. Here are five ideas for people who want to spread around a little humor this weekend! Chick Magnet  via spirithalloween "Spice" Girls READ MORE

Want to Be a Lawyer? Check out the LSAC Law School Forum on November 11!

By Morgan Weadock
October 28, 2014 - 1:00am

You barely know what classes you will take next semester, so how could you possibly know what your plans will be years from now? In reality, if you are proactive now, you can save some stress later. Plus, the task of uncovering your future path can be fun! If you have ever considered law school, we have a great opportunity for you to discover more about it. Each year, the Law School Admission Council (LSAC) hosts Law School Forums across the country. Lucky for you, you’ll have the chance to attend one in Boston on November 11!   READ MORE

Halloweek 2014

By Morgan Weadock
October 27, 2014 - 11:25pm

MONDAY October 27:
Har Mar Superstar w/ The Pizza Underground feat. Macaulay Culkin
Doors 6:30 | Show 7:00
afterHOURS | FREE NU+1
https://www.facebook.com/events/1499290376991220/

TUESDAY October 28:
Josh Wolf w/ Jiffy Wild and Alingon Mitra
Doors 6:30 | Show 7:00
Blackman | FREE NU+1 READ MORE

The Best and Worst of Boston in the Fall

By Gwen Schanker
October 27, 2014 - 2:07pm

Now that we’ve hit the midterm-rich, increasingly-cold October/November phase, it’s time to face up to the fact that it’s fall. The days of going out in sandals and a t-shirt are over, at least for another six months (ouch, it hurts to even write that). Luckily, if you have the right clothes and a substantial amount of autumn-related snacks, fall can still be one of the greatest seasons of the year. Here’s a breakdown of some of the best and worst parts of Boston in the fall. The Best: READ MORE

The Co-op Interview Tips You Actually Need

By Patricia Fontanet
October 27, 2014 - 12:51pm

…Because “smile” and “be on time” don’t cut it anymore. Whether you’re going on co-op or searching for a legit job, odds are you’ll have to go through an interview first. Thankfully, one of the biggest perks of attending Northeastern is that you’ll probably be an interview-pro by the time you graduate. However this doesn’t make interviews any less nerve-wracking, or tips any less valuable. After conducting a rather extensive Internet search followed by a roommate questionnaire, I present to you ten tips I hope you’ll find both fresh and helpful for your next interview.       1.    Prepare READ MORE