Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Northeastern Archives

Campus Celebrity: Eve Korte

By Northeastern Contributor
October 24, 2014 - 2:45pm

Eve Korte is a sophomore majoring in communications and minoring in business. Over the summer, she decided to enter the CAMD Goes Global photo contest after receiving an email about it.  She won First Place for a photo she took in Paris last October, based on votes from the CAMD community on the quality of the photo and the story behind it. Eve’s photo submission and story, as well as other winners, were posted on CAMD’s website. Check it out here! READ MORE

In Honor of Breast Cancer Awareness: Runway for Recovery

By Northeastern Contributor
October 24, 2014 - 10:58am

Breast cancer is never welcomed; the experience is not positive and the repercussions from this terrible disease can be detrimental. However, Runway for Recovery, a non-profit organization that creates a stage for those heroes among us who have battled breast cancer, or for the children of those who have passed away, is redefining what breast cancer can mean. READ MORE

Her Campus NU & UNItiques Clothing Swap!

By Morgan Weadock
October 23, 2014 - 11:28am

Yesterday, on Wednesday, October 22, we partnered with UNItiques founder Alex Shadrow to do a Halloween themed clothing swap for collegiettes! Attendees were required to bring at least three items (of reasonable quality) to the event to swap with other girls. The amount of clothes you brought determined the amount of clothes you got. The girls also got to meet Alex, who is super sweet and amazing at running her business, as well as enjoy free pizza from Cookin Cafe! Despite the rainy day, several girls made it to the event and had a great time!  READ MORE

Run Forrest, Run

By Anna Wendt
October 22, 2014 - 1:00am

One of the best exercises that you can do is run and luckily for you, Boston is an exciting place to explore through running. The Charles River, depending on where you live is a mile away from campus and is filled with beautiful views of the city and waterfront. There are trees to climb and pictures to take! READ MORE

Campus Cutie: Julianna Finocchiaro

By Melissa Healy
October 22, 2014 - 1:00am

Meet Julianna Finocchiaro, a fourth year Mechanical Engineering major! Name: Julianna Finocchiaro Hometown: Lawrence, MA Favorite part about Engineering: Designing new things! Favorite Engineering Professor: Professor Whalen Dream Job: Designing and improving upon products for disabled persons READ MORE

The Perfect Care Package

By Melissa Healy
October 21, 2014 - 1:00am

Everyone loves getting mail (except when it contains bills), especially care packages from family and friends back home.   READ MORE

Halloween Events on Campus!

By Morgan Weadock
October 21, 2014 - 1:00am

As Halloween starts to approach, Northeastern prepares to entertain its students. If you haven't noticed the signs around campus, here is an overview of some of the events happening: Tuesday, October 21 AfterHours will be showing Halloweentown (everyone's favorite Disney Channel movie) and giving out free pumpkin cheesecake. Halloweentown is 16 years old, so get ready to feel nostalgic.  Sunday, October 26 Pumpkin Palooza will be held in Centennial Circle. There will be free pumpkins, pumpkin carving, cider, caramel apples and more! READ MORE

Pumpkin Palooza!

By Morgan Weadock

HC Back to School Survival Kits!

By Morgan Weadock
October 20, 2014 - 1:00am

This year, Nationals and our amazing co - sponsors sent us goodies to help us fall back into the routine of managing classes, gym sessions, and time with our friends! Here are some of the things girls on Northeastern's campus are loving right now: To start your morning or for a quick snack between classes, Luna gave us a bunch of mini bars in two flavors: Chocolate Dipped Coconut and Chocolate Peppermint Stick. Both are delicious but Chocolate Peppermint Stick is my personal favorite!  READ MORE

Room to Read Hosts “Box Out the Barriers” Event

By Gwen Schanker
October 17, 2014 - 12:23pm

“Education for girls matters because…” How would you fill in the blank, collegiettes? Last weekend activist groups around the country celebrated International Day of the Girl Child, which took place on October 11. The day was established by the United Nations in 2012 to celebrate girl power around the world and to give activist groups a chance to raise awareness for gender equality. International Day of the Girl was recognized worldwide, and President Obama published a proclamation in honor of the day. READ MORE