American Horror Story: Class Registration

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

American Horror Story fans rejoice! The hit anthology series was recently renewed for a sixth season, and everyone is dying to know what the theme will be after amazing past seasons like Murder House, Asylum, Coven, Freak Show, and Hotel. If Ryan Murphy is looking for ideas, there is one truly terrifying horror that every college student must face: registration for classes.

It all begins with that dreaded email from the registrar: spring classes are available for viewing.

You hope the perfect schedule you’ve created will work out, but once you see the course offerings those dreams quickly come to a crashing halt

All the classes you want either conflict with each other…

Or aren’t offered at all…

And the one class you need to get into only has fifteen slots

As the week goes on you slowly watch all your classes get filled up by people who have more credits than you

You avoid thinking about your slowly approaching time ticket date

The nightmarish possibility of having 8 am class five days a week is slowly becoming a reality

You drive yourself crazy worrying myneu will crash right at your time slot or that you’ll be waitlisted for all the classes you need

Until finally it’s time to submit your classes and wait for what feels like forever for it to be approved

Registration hell is over!

But the real horror awaits when classes actually begin…

Lindsay Marum

Northeastern

Emily Feltault

Northeastern

Hi my name is Emily Feltault and I am a rising sophomore at Northeastern University! I am one of the new Campus Correspondents for my chapter and am excited to get started!!