7 Reasons Why Netflix Will Distract You This Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

We all know that Netflix has had its up and downs in the last few years. Luckily, after releasing their fall schedule, Netflix should be a prime distraction this semester. Here are 7 reasons why studying will actually be impossible this semester:

1. Calling all nostalgic Taylor Lautner fans: The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl is here. We all know that any respectable Spy Kids enthusiast can be excited for this.

2. To all the poor souls in any Shakespeare class: Mel Gibson’s version of Hamlet has been released, prepare for creepy sonnets with a chance of Helena Bonham Carter.

3. “Will the real hipsters please stand up?” Portlandia Season 5 is now available. You can all return to your typewriters, pretty lattes, and to obscure bands now.

4. Gotham’s premiering season is also coming out, so if you’re a Batman fan who wants to understand Commissioner Gordan a little bit more, here’s your chance. Enjoy.

5. To all the dead-icated Walking Dead fans, Netflix is releasing the fifth season. I suggest that you keep the popcorn fully loaded and a comfort object (blankie, stuffed animal, significant other) near you at all times.

6. As the weather remains indecisive and you continue avoiding responsibilities, feel free to reminisce and solve crimes with the 5th season of Hawaii Five-0.     

7. And lastly, as a nice little note of inspiration, Nelson Mandela’s biography, Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom, is now available.

Happy streaming, and remember that “Netflix and chill” is not an actual date option.

Morgan Weadock

Northeastern

Morgan is currently a third year at Northeastern University in Boston working towards a degree in Finance and a dual minor in Economics and Political Science. She is the co-president and Campus Correspondent for the Northeastern Her Campus Chapter and also involved with Alpha Kappa Psi and Streak Media. Morgan is originally from NJ and despite popular sentiment believes it to be the best state in the country. Her interests include cooking things that don't look as pretty as they did on Pinterest, reading while drinking tea, going to the beach, fitness and nutrition, and Netflix binging (: