5 Things You Should Do When the Weather Warms Up

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Some people like winter, while others prefer the summer. But there are just some things that you have to enjoy while the warm weather lasts.

Have a picnic

Spring is a beautiful time of year. It is when the weather is warming up, but not so much that you want to take your skin off. With all the beautiful parks within walking distance, it is a beautiful time to go out for a picnic. Except if you live in Boston. You see it isn’t the city, it’s the weather…You have really really warm days and then days when you think you might loose your toes because you aren’t wearing something warm enough.

One thing you must do when the weather warms up is have a picnic with your friends in the sun. But, it unfortunately looks like the only people who are going to get to do that are the people staying in Boston for Summer 1.

Courtesy: Giphy

Read outside

This is one of my favorite things to do. Granted, a lot of times I do this in my balcony as the sun rises because of how hot it is in the summer, buy it is still a wonderful thing to do. Not needing artificial light to read a good book is one of the best feelings in the world. This isn’t necessarily something you want to do when it is still cold outside, because that occasional gust of wind will get really annoying really fast. (Trust me, I’ve tried it).

Courtesy: Clipartfest

Take a nice walk

Walking in the Boston Commons or by the Charles River is a beautiful thing to do, and believe it or not it helps you stay active and in shape. In warm weather, people are more inclined to walk to where they need to go instead of calling an Uber or Lyft. A lot of times it is just peaceful to go out for a walk and explore the area. You never know what you might find or who you might meet.

Courtesy: Blogspot

Go for a run

Running on the treadmill does help you burn those calories and stay in shape, but there is nothing like running outside in nature. You get to breathe in the fresh air instead of the air the machine blows at you. You actually go places rather than running in place. And you get to explore the area and try new things, be it coffee or food places.

Courtesy: Tumblr

Walk around in shorts and sandals  

This is just one of life’s simple pleasures. Not having to have on a stiff outfit is a beautiful thing. It is also a summer thing. In the winter, you keep trying to piece together warmer articles of clothing in hopes of covering every inch of your body that you can. In the summer, you can just throw on whatever looks comfortable and loose. Unless you have to work, this is definitely a luxury you should seek to enjoy.  

Courtesy: Netdna-cdn

Nadine El-Bawab

Northeastern

Double major in Journalism and Political Science Originally from Cairo, Egypt Figure Skater and Soccer Player. Love both reading and writing. Feel free to email me at any time. el-bawab.n@husky.neu.edu