5 Boston Makeout Spots You’ve Never Ever Considered

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

By Elke Thoms

Looking to get down and dirty in America’s most historic city? We know, the Swan Boats are so yesterday. Show your significant other (or Tinder date) a good time while debunking the myth that Boston is shabby, rude and IQ-obsessed with these hotspots.  

1. THE BOYLSTON MBTA STATION

This station was one of the first built in the Tremont Street Subway, the oldest subway tunnel in North America, which later became a part of the MBTA. Next time you’re locking lips waiting for the Green Line, whisper that fun fact in your lover’s ear to really get things going. Just be sure to time your words in between deafening squeaks and crowds shoving you out of the way.

2. SPECTACLE ISLAND

An island with a rich history, it has been home to a horse rendering plant, a quarantine hospital and a garbage dump. Now it’s (mostly) cleaned, so Bostonian couples are only a ferry ride away from a rocky beach lined with shards of broken dishes and signs warning of asbestos.

3. OLD GRANARY BURIAL GROUND

Particularly enjoyable if one of you is a history buff. Invite the ghosts of Samuel Adams, Paul Revere, John Hancock and members of Ben Franklin’s family along on your date night.

4. THE “AMAZING JELLIES” EXHIBIT AT THE NEW ENGLAND AQUARIUM

Why cozy up by a warm fire when the glow of a jellyfish tank is so much more flattering? Just think about how great your sweetheart will look next to the stringy stingers and gelatinous goo that make up these brainless creatures.

5. THE FENS (AT NIGHT)

The key is to go at night when the charming landscaping and greenery of the daytime won’t distract you. Besides, nothing will bring you and your partner closer like fearing for your lives.

Emily Feltault

Northeastern

Hi my name is Emily Feltault and I am a rising sophomore at Northeastern University! I am one of the new Campus Correspondents for my chapter and am excited to get started!!