3 Things to Watch, Read, and Listen To This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Here are my three favorite entertainment options right now! These are perfect for a quick study break or a lazy Sunday afternoon.

1. Listen to ‘Guys We F****d’

Courtesy of Bustle

While this podcast certainly isn’t for the faint of heart, it certainly lives up to its tagline: The Anti-Slut Shaming Podcast. Two NYC-based female comedians, Corinne Fisher and Krystyna Hutchinson, started the podcast after Corinne went through a particularly bad breakup as a way to analyze their past relationships by interviewing their exes. However, the show has evolved to discuss issues such as gender identity, the LGBTQ community, and sex work. If you want to hear someone else talk about what you’ve always thought but never had the guts to say, this is the podcast for you.

2. Watch The Sinner

Courtesy of TVQC

Available to watch on your student Xfinity TV account, The Sinner is a limited series by the USA Network that is completely addicting. I’ve had to limit myself to watching one episode a day, because I would stay up all night watching this whole series in one night if I could. Without revealing any spoilers, I can tell you that this a murder mystery where the question isn’t “who did it?” but instead “why did she do it?” And in this case, not even the murderer knows why she did it.

3. Read Murderous Minds: Exploring the Criminal Psychopathic Brain

Courtesy of Book Depository

While I may be a little biased due to the fact that I’m a criminal justice minor, I’m finding this book super interesting so far! It’s definitely dense, and I only read a chapter at most in one sitting. It definitely helps to have taken a psych class or two before reading this, but it’s not necessary! If you want to learn more about why people deviate from societal norms and do things that most of us would never consider, this book has some fascinating insights.

Laura Moya

Northeastern

Senior Communications and Media and Screen Studies major with a minor in Business Administration at Northeastern University. From Miami, Florida. Avid coffee drinker, TV junkie, travel lover. President and Campus Correspondent at HCNU.