15 Reasons Why Shawn Hunter is Perfect

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

The perfect sidekick to Cory Matthews, Shawn Hunter was the tough guy with a heart of gold.  He made TV viewers swoon during ABC’s TGIF comedy block.  With the news of the upcoming train wreck of a spin-off called Girl Meets World, the Boy Meets World nostalgia is strong.  Though the show ended over ten years ago, Shawn Hunter lives on in reruns on ABC Family.  Let’s take a walk down memory lane and revisit why Shawn is so damn perfect.

1) Those long and luscious locks any self-respecting drag queen would be jealous of.

2) His smoldering “come hither” look that stares deep into your soul and beckons your call.

3) The perfect center part in his hair that millions of men across America have since tried to recreate, but to no avail (except for Khloe Kardashian).

4) He isn’t afraid to get in touch with his feminine side.

5) He’s a sincere believer in true love.

6) Good genes run in the family.

7) Forget Cory and Topanga. Shawn’s friendship with Cory is the greatest love story of our generation.

8) This picture.

9) The way he pulls off this leather jacket.

10) And this plaid shirt + vest combo.

11) And 90’s fashion in general.

12) He’s a bad boy.

13) With a soft side.

14) The way he runs his fingers through his fluffy mane is like watching two unicorns gallop through a field of daisies – absolutely glorious.

15) His endless supply of boyish charm.

Yes you are, Shawn. Yes. You. Are. 

Luisa Makula

Northeastern

Shannon Clark

Northeastern

Shannon is a third year communication studies and business student at Northeastern University in Boston, MA. She has always been interested in writing and journalism, and Her Campus seemed like the perfect outlet for that! She has been part of Her Campus Northeastern since her freshman year, and has recently been elected as co-correspondent. She is excited for a great semester!