13 Stages of Spring Semester as Told by the Kardashians

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Stage One: Excited to be back

Courtesy of Clevver

You’re kind of excited to get back to class, but you’re mostly just excited to catch up with your besties and show off the new wardrobe accessories you got over winter break.

Stage Two: Syllabus week confidence

Courtesy of Sugarcape

You pull up to class with your newly organized planner, fresh pens, and positive mindset, determined to get that 4.0 that you couldn’t quite pull off last semester. You write down everything your teacher says and memorize it like it’s no big deal. So much #motivation.

Stage Three: Drowning in work

Courtesy of Media Cache

Your work starts to pile up and all of the sudden you have two tests, a paper, and a lab report to finish by Monday, not to mention the weekly readings you have to do for each of your classes… and your social life.

Stage Four: Weather starts playing tricks

Courtesy of Giphy

It’s 70 degrees in February, so you clearly have to skip class. You promise yourself that you’ll do your homework outside, but you end up becoming overly invested in mastering the art of slacking, instead of mastering your calculus homework; goodbye productivity.

Stage Five: Freaking out

Courtesy of Giphy

You realize skipping class wasn’t the best idea you’ve ever had, and now you have even more work than before. You spend the majority of your time trying to figure out how that’s even possible, but fail to come up with an answer.

Stage Six: Midterms

Courtesy of Perez Hilton

Still freaking out, but more so because you have three midterms and you have more flashcards to make than physically possible, but something clicks (finally), and you have a burst of energy to study and power through midterms.

Stage Seven: Spring break

Courtesy of Perez Hilton

You finally get a well deserved break, and hopefully you don’t have anything to do other than relax.

Stage Eight: Post-break blues

Courtesy of Giphy

You know that classes starting again means doing homework again, but you’re in denial so you give yourself a few extra days of no homework.

Stage Nine: Drowning in work part 2

Courtesy of Perez Hilton

Why do professors think giving you so much work is acceptable? It’s not like it’s their job or anything. Your daydreams shift from missing spring break to reminding yourself that summer is just a few (eight) weeks away.

Stage Ten: Stress-relaxing

Courtesy of Key Assets 

Your to-do list is way too long to even attempt to start, so you don’t. Re-watching “Grey’s Anatomy” is more important anyway.

Stage Eleven: Panic mode

Courtesy of Giphy

You remember that school is your job, and that you need to take Netflix out of your schedule and replace it with studying. Your free time now includes visiting your teacher’s office hours and practically moving into the library.

Stage Twelve: Finals

Courtesy of Mediums

You’re in between wanting to study and wanting it to be summer. You drink way too much coffee, become a walking zombie, and somehow make it through all of your exams without sleeping through an alarm.

Stage Thirteen: Relief

Courtesy of Tumblr

Summer is finally here and you made it through without killing your GPA. You pack up your dorm and say goodbye to your friends; you’re home free for summer.

Philosophy Neuroscience Psychology major at WashU