Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

10 DIY Fall Crafts...Also Perfect for Thanksgiving!

Posted Nov 20 2012 - 8:00am
Tagged With: crafts, diy, fall, holiday, thanksgiving

Fall is that beautiful time of year when the leaves are changing colors and you can still curl up inside cozy sweaters. You have no worries about freezing to death or running up your heating bill....
With Thanksgiving only a few days away, there is still time to make decorations and treats for the big holiday. Not a fan of Thanksgiving? Don’t worry, most of these crafts are fitting for both fall itself and Thanksgiving, so even if you don’t get around to them until next week, they are still applicable and adorable. Enjoy!\

Looking for more Thanksgiving fun? Be sure to check out Claudia’s Four Thanksgiving Recipes You’ll be Giving Thanks for!

1. Autumn Leaf Coasters

These coasters are adorable, easy, and inexpensive-my favorite kind of craft. All you need are scissors, corkboard, and a print out of a leaf or whatever shape you want (for those of us who are not artists).

2. Fall Notebook Embroidery

Love making To-Do lists or just want a cute way to spice up your notebooks? Try your hand at paper embroidery by just poking holes in paper with a tack, and then going through it with embroidery floss and a needle. This is also a cute way to make handmade cards for birthdays and holidays

3. Prairie Feather Necklace

This necklace is pretty and unique. With just a few short steps, you can have your very own. Plus at the bottom of this tutorial is another idea to make a similar item with  beautiful earrings.

4. Leaf Roses

For those who like a challenge, these flowers look beautiful and they are made from only leaves, sticks, tape and scissors. These would be the perfect centerpiece for a Thanksgiving table. They would also be great for brightening up any room for cheap.

5. Seeded Candles

Over at HGTV, they are showing us that with just a few simple supplies, you can make these beautiful festive candles. I love candles, and what is more perfect than decorating them to make a room feel more like fall?

6. Cloth Napkin

These are a cute simple way to dress up any table. Even if you don’t want to make them for fall, these are a great idea year round, plus you can save money by not always buying napkins and reusing these instead.

7. Autumn Leaf Bowl

The next time you are crunching through leaves on your way to class and happily (or angrily) listening to the crunch of each one, stop and pick up a few to make this awesome leaf bowl.

8. Chocolate Covered Strawberry Turkeys

If the name didn’t already make you want to try these, just look at the picture and see how cute they are. This is the perfect dessert to go with the ever classic pumpkin or apple pies normally served on Thanksgiving.

9. Sweet Potato Cupcakes with Marshmellow Filling

If you want to make something a little more daring than usual, try out these yummy fall cupcakes.

10. Thanks-Glassing

This tutorial shows you how to etch words onto glass and also provides a cute idea for a jar to hold notes of what everyone is thankful for this holiday.