toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Pumpkin Painting Ideas that are too Cute to Resist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NMSU chapter.

Before this year I had never tried painting a pumpkin. Ever since I was a kid we would carve pumpkins and make jack-o’-lanterns but it was always such a hassle to clean up and it would take hours to do. This year, after seeing a lot of painted pumpkin pictures on Pinterest, I decided to try painting pumpkins. 

What you will need to create the pumpkin designs: 

• Pumpkin (I used small ones) or Funkin (a fake pumpkin available at any pumpkin store) 
  • Acrylic Paint 
  • Paint brush 
  • Fabric paint 

The great thing about painting a pumpkin instead of carving it is that you can use a variety of colors to make any design you want! When you carve a pumpkin you do not have the option with just using a carving tool to make a colorful donut or flower as pictured below. 

You can find other ideas in this video:

The size of these pumpkins are ideal for dorm room decorations because they are small and can fit nicely on any study desk. Also painting a pumpkin is great instead of carving if you want your pumpkin to last you past Halloween.If you don’t feel like going through the hassle of cleaning up or carving a pumpkin this is always a nice alternative and it is much easier to do! If you would like to see some more ideas about pumpkin painting I suggest that you visit Pinterest or Country Living which is a web site I found with over 60 creative and fun ideas for no-carve pumpkins! You could do a school spirit pumpkin, or it could also be a pumpkin referencing your favorite TV show, the options are endless!!

Angela is a graduate student at New Mexico State University majoring in communication studies. She is currently a contributing writer for NMSU's Her Campus chapter. When she is not writing, you can find her at home talking up a storm with her closest friends through Zoom.
Student at NMSU, Im an anthropology major. Learning about different cultures, immersing in their traditions and learning new languages fascinates me. Im a food enthusiast, I love to travel and have an intense passion for corgis.