sarah gualtieri 9CApNIkRXRI unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sarah gualtieri 9CApNIkRXRI unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

A New Mexico Style Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NMSU chapter.

There are many different ways to spend your halloween weekend in New Mexico, here are a few favorites to keep your holiday, fun, spooky and full of Halloween spirit.

1. La Union Corn Maze

This corn maze is tons of fun for the whole family! With two corn mazes, families can make a game out of trying to find their way out of every twist and turn.They also have big slides, jumping balloons and playgrounds for all ages to let loose and celebrate.  Not only that, but they have a pumpkin patch ride to show the scenic views of the orange pumpkins of fall and a drop off for an opportunity for everyone to pick and take home to carve. After all that fun, there is lots of traditional festival foods to chose from. La Union is great and not too scary a choice to celebrate the halloween season.

Picture provided by: Kiss El Paso

2. Mesilla Valley Corn Maze

Another day, another maze. This maze has small town perks compared to La Union. It’s nice to take a drive, view the fall leaves and scenery and enjoy a hayride to the pumpkin patch. This maze is much smaller, which makes it more appealing for a quick dose of fun. It includes duck races, hamster wheels and a cute country store. Along with other various activities, this maze creates an ideal, short but sweet, homely experience.

Picture provided by: Mesilla Valley Corn Maze

3. Horror Hall Haunted House

Not the usual screams in your face or touching you, yelling “boo!” Horror Hall Haunted House creates an experience unlike most. Located in Tularosa, New Mexico, Horror Hall guides you in a trip down the old tunnel at skull cove with nothing but yourself, your family and friends and the pitch-black abyss full of unknown traps. THis unique approach creates fear of the unknown, which, as we know, is the worst fear. A unique way to scare, Haunted Hall is definitely something to check out.

Picture provided by: Alamogordo News

4. Ghost Town Albuquerque Tour

Boo! Ghost stories are some of the oldest ways to keep you up at night during Halloween. On this tour, you will be experiencing some of the oldest ghost stories in Albuquerque. With 300+ years of history, so comes along 300+ chances of ghost stories. Dark alleys hold the secrets, the screams, the spirits, the ghosts of those hung, those robbed, those murdered, and equally so, those murderers, those robbers, those bad spirits. This tour helps you feel and hear these ghosts, taking you on a scary walk down the horrific history…boo!

Picture provided by: Old Towns

5. NM Slaughter House Haunted Attraction

The home of a demented, slaughtering couple holds the spirits of the lives lost and the children of the couple who watched it all unfold. Be careful not to feel just as crazy as the couple was when walking through the house, where the smell of blood and fear filled the rooms. This attraction is the scariest because it makes you feel like you were there when the horrors within the walls took place. This is  the perfect activity for the most daring, the most spirited and the most scare-craving people to spend their Halloween.

Picture provided by: Nmhaunted

Journalism and Mass Communcations Studies with a emphasis in Public Relations, Broadcasting and Minor in Education
Student at NMSU, Im an anthropology major. Learning about different cultures, immersing in their traditions and learning new languages fascinates me. Im a food enthusiast, I love to travel and have an intense passion for corgis.