Keeping the Streets Stylish

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NMSU chapter.

With all the buzz surrounding the elite and New York Fashion week, it’s easy to miss out on the latest street style trends around the world.  What is street style?  Street style is fashion that doesn’t come from the runway, but rather, it is inspired by urban culture. Trends always vary around the world and by season, and the same goes for street style. Here’s the latest styles from around the world. This week I took a look at the varying street fashions around the world and gave some tips on how to incorporate that into your personal look.

Let’s start on the other side of the globe with Seoul, South Korea. South Korea has always been a trend setter when it comes to daring fashion choices and their street style is no different. This season, a popular trend is a bold jacket with equally bold print. Give it a try if you’re into bold, mismatched looks. On the other side of the coin, a common trend spotted was the wearing of coordinated color combinations. This is a cute trend to try out with a friend!

Now let’s head to Spain and check out the latest from Madrid. Street style during Madrid Fashion Week saw a lot of patterns, from flowy polka dotted dresses to striking stripes. Definitely a look you can dress up with heels or dress down with some flats. If you are more into a casual chic look, a common trend was a pair a jeans paired with a blazer and heels. All you need is some jeans a bold or mild blazer and some cute heels or flats to achieve a professional yet casual look. Finally I took a look at the city of love. 

Paris Fashion week had an array of lovely looks, but a few really stood out from the crowd. A central trend was the use of neutral colors to achieve an elegant, modern look. For this style simply stick to grey and black clothing from the pants to the over coat. On the complete opposite side of the spectrum was the use of bright, floral prints. Simply find clothing that appeals to you that include bright colors and florals. 

Fashion has been and always will be a means of expression so even if these are the hottest street style trends, always remember to stay true to what make you feel good. 

Student at NMSU double majoring in Journalism and Government.