This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NMSU chapter.

If you think of music festivals and nothing really comes to mind you and I think very much alike. That is until I decided to buy my ticket to Sun City (SCMF) to live a “once in a lifetime experience” according to my best friend who was able to convince me to spend around 120 dollars on a two day ticket. I admit it was not exciting spending all that money but I was more than thrilled to live my first rave with my best friend. Having strict parents I had to wait until I was 18 to finally be able to go out and party it up in El Paso, my hometown. Even as the days for Sun City approached I had not asked for permission from my parents and tried making some  plan to get away with going to a rave instead of going back home but, because I am a good girl I begged my parents to let my friends and I go out to Sun City. Surprisingly they agreed with their own terms and conditions and I was beyond excited to finally eat, sleep, rave and repeat.

On Day one of SCMF all my friends and I got together to get dressed and do each other’s makeup, after three hours of curling hair, fixing outfits and applying glitter we were out the door headed to Ascarate Park. When we arrived it was overwhelming to see all the bright lights coming from the three stages and the loud beats that you could feel vibrating through the ground. From seven to two in the morning I danced and sang my heart away especially when Marshmello debuted his new song Silence with Khalid. At that point I just started to cry basking in the beauty of the moment, it was truly a once in a life time experience.

Day two of Sun City was a bit more relaxed with DJ’s playing more house music than the day before. From the greatest Malaa to Tchami the night ended with the perfectly played set of Above & Beyond. It was the most epic ending to a music festival promoting peace, love, unity and respect. Without a doubt I’ll be back next year to dance the night away with all my rave babies to the greatest music in the world.