This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New School chapter.

As a native New Yorker, coffee (and tea) runs in my blood. Most of us depend on coffee to help us through exams and increase our productivity. I was born and raised in Queens, New York, and let me start off by saying that this diverse borough is beyond underrated. There are so many great coffee spots here, I mean, why should Manhattan and Brooklyn get all the fun, right? So, next time you’re looking for a new location to study, try out these coffeeshops in Queens!

60 Beans 

36-02 Ditmars Blvd, Astoria, NY 11105

A spacious American cafe with a 4.9 rating on facebook and wifi included. Bonus, happy hour runs until 7 p.m.

Presso 

One Fulton Square, 133-42 39th Ave #101, Flushing, NY 11354

Another spacious coffeeshop with free wifi that is surrounded by bookshelves and chic wooden tables. If you love your coffee sweet like me, try the vanilla latte with an apple turnover. It’s a great pick-me-up!

Cafe Bench 

19407 Northern Blvd, Flushing, NY 11358

This cozy, cute cafe, with it’s fun and seasonal decors, will make you feel as if you stumbled upon a coffeeshop in Stars Hollow.

P.S. Order a crepe and/or waffle, you won’t regret it.

Moon Cafe 

137-06 Northern Blvd Flushing, NY 11354

This spot has amazing seasonal decor and comfty couches that will make you feel at home. Also, instead of the regular heart-shaped foam on your coffee, they design cute bears.

Espresso 77 

35-57 77th St, Jackson Heights, NY 11372

This smal,l independent espresso bar will warm your heart. Make sure to stop by on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday nights to enjoy live artists and bands perform, coffee in-hand of course. 

Hello there, my name is Caroline Dilone, I was born and bred in NYC and am a graduate of The New School where I majored in Journalism + Design. I have a passion for storytelling, travel, art, and coffee shops. As a former Her Campus New School Writer, I am so excited to return as an After College Feature Writer.
If you're interested HCTNS, please e-mail us at hc.newschool@hercampus.com