element5 digital MEzqoN8p6C0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital MEzqoN8p6C0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Best Places to Celebrate Your 4th of July in NYC

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New School chapter.

Fireworks, booze, and rooftop views—who doesn’t like celebrating the 4th of July? Whether you are looking for a romantic spot to curl up with your special someone or a place to get lit with your girl gang, we have options to make your night a banger (hehe, get it?) In the city of glam (New York City), fireworks should start soon after dark around 9:25pm. We suggest you book a spot with optimal viewing while you enjoy tasty treats and Rosé until the big show.

A Place With Bae or Friends:

1. Coney Island

Finally got a day off? Head to Coney Island, the perfect spot for all-day fun! With the beach, boardwalk and Brighton Beach Fireworks, you can’t go wrong. For a list of all the activities to look forward to, check out 7 Things to Do on Coney Island on the Fourth of July.

A Place Just for Bae:

1. Picnic at Grand Ferry Park

Located in Williamsburg, this park will give you the quiet, intimate rom-com-feeling of watching the fireworks with your special someone. Pack a picnic basket and blanket and you can set up an inexpensive, beautiful evening that you both will cherish. 

2. Dinner at the South Street Seaport

Catch the Macy’s 4th of July Fireworks from lower Manhattan where you can walk on cobblestone streets and make dinner reservations at local eateries such Aqua, Barbalu, and Suteishi. It is also very close to great bars if you enjoy a little more rowdy experience. 

Places to Celebrate with Friends:

1. William Vale Hotel

Located in Williamsburg, this hotel is one of the hottest, trending hotels for its rooftop bar. Beautiful and elegant, your night will be stunning as you sip on one of their Westlight Original cocktails and watch the fireworks light up the sky.

2. Le Bain at the Standard Hotel

A classic spot for Manhattanites is Le Bain, the rooftop bar at the Standard Hotel. Offering open entry to the bar, you can enjoy a perfect viewing of the fireworks from all angles. Make sure you put on that outfit you’ve been saving for a special occasion because it’s going to be a night for the ‘gram.

Amanda Miller

New School '18

Amanda Miller is an undergraduate at The New School studying Literature and writing. She is the proud editor for the Her Campus New School chapter. Among many of her passions is human rights and fighting against animal cruelty. She has published her work in several publications including the following:Reverberations Magazine, The New School Free Press & The New School Eleven and Half Literary Journal.
If you're interested HCTNS, please e-mail us at hc.newschool@hercampus.com