This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New School chapter.

I love “Friends” as much as the next nostalgic millennial and Rachel Green has pretty much cemented herself as a ’90s sitcom style icon (the Rachel haircut lives on, and will continue to do so decades to come). But, there are some other ’90s sitcoms that let their costume departments seriously play by giving us a fun and campy style that deserves some more love and attention. To celebrate these funky styles, here’s a list of some other ’90s sitcom ladies, besides Rachel Green, that are style icons.

Sabrina Spellman 

(Image Source)

Sabrina was literal magic, and it showed in her outfits. There were a lot of fun textures in her wardrobe. From velvet, to faux fur, and even bright pink sequins – Sabrina wore it all.  

Hilary Banks

(Image Source)

Hilary never shied away from a monochromatic outfit in a bold color. She also pulled off hats and statement jewelry pieces effortlessly.

Jackie Burkhart

(Image Source)

So, Jackie was technically dressed for the ’70s, but she still had some of the best style late ’90s and early 2000’s T.V. screens got to see. Her casual berets and little hair clips are still so cute and making a comeback now.

Denise Huxtable

(Image Source)

Denise was always daring with her hair, changing things every couple episodes. She also had great taste in headbands and sweaters.

Lisa Turtle

(Image Source

“Saved by the Bell” had three stylish leading ladies, but Lisa Turtle always stood out, especially with all the daring prints she wore. She took risks and they paid off.

Fran Fine

(Image Source)

The nanny from flushing always sported the most colorful and textured clothes out there, and it worked on her. Her collection of fuzzy bath robes, faux fur coats, and mini skirts is the stuff of dreams. There’s also a great Instagram account that curates everything Fran wore, check it out for some more Moschino eye candy.

These outs are all pretty bold and while still amazing today, are obviously from the ’90s. Still, hopefully the loud prints and big accessories here served as some inspiration to brighten up your everyday style.

[Feature image by Unsplash]

Isabelle Fang

New School '21

Isabelle is a Literary Studies major at the Eugene Lang School of Liberal Arts at The New School. Originally from Toronto, she's still working on using the imperial system and reading weather forecasts in Fahrenheit. Isabelle mostly writes about pop culture, Asian American representation, and profiles on all kinds of people.
If you're interested HCTNS, please e-mail us at hc.newschool@hercampus.com