Become a Tech-Savvy New Yorker With These 6 Apps

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New School chapter.

Being in New York means being independent, busy, and most importantly technologically proficient. We have needs and these needs can only be met by nifty smartphone apps that give us need-to-know info, like where the closest public bathroom is.

Breather

Price: Free | Link: Apple/Android

In a city that never sleeps, it’s sometimes a bit hard to find a little peace and quiet. That’s why Breather is the ultimate app for the coffee-shop migrant. Breather lets users rent chic and homey spaces by the hour – whether it’s to take a nap, read a book, or just sit quietly while doing absolutely nothing at all.

Drizly

Price: Free | Link: Apple/Android

Drizly is like the Seamless of alcohol. That’s right, this app allows users to order booze via doorstep-delivery.

Seamless

Price: Free | Link: Apple/Android

It just occurred to me that you may have been deprived of the happiness that only a late-night Seamless order could give you during your college/adulthood years. So, just to be clear, #SeamlessIsLife. This app magically sends delicious breakfasts, lunches, brunches, dinners, and even desserts directly to your doorstep.  

Exit Strategy NYC

Price: $3.99 | Link: Apple/Android

Finding the perfect place to stand on the subway is hit-or-miss on most days, but with Exit Strategy you’ll always know exactly where to stand on the platform, so you’ll arrive directly in front of the exit you need. Bonus, this app works underground, cell service not required.

SitOrSquat: Restroom Finder

Price: Free | Link: Apple/Andriod

I don’t know one person in this entire city who wouldn’t appreciate knowing where to find the nearest clean public restroom. Thanks to Charmin’s SitOrSquat app, every New Yorker now has the ability to scroll through a database of more than 100,000 public bathrooms. Users can also rate the restrooms they use giving it a “sit” or “squat” to give future visitors an idea of just how clean that particular facility is.

Uber

Price: Free | Link: Apple/Android

Getting a cab isn’t always as easy as it looks in the movies. Uber allows users to type in their exact pick-up location and drop-off point, get a fare estimate, and track their driver. Plus, payment is via app, so users can hop out once they’ve arrived at their desired destination.

[Feature Image by Pexels]

Tabitha Britt

New School '18

Tabitha Britt (formerly Tabitha Shiflett) was the Editor-in-Chief and Co-Correspondent of Her Campus at The New School between August 2016 - January 2018. Tabitha graduated from The New School of Social Research on January 31, 2018. She's also a graduate of the Dub (The University of North Carolina Wilmington, UNCW) where she held the position of Managing Editor for the UNCW HC team. You can find her byline in a variety of publications including CBS Local, Taste of Home, Luna Luna, Thought Catalog, and Elite Daily. See more at www.tabithashiflett.com.