8 Movies to Watch When You’re Feeling Stressed

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New School chapter.

We all know life can be a bit much sometimes, so why not take some time to yourself and have a good laugh or cry with these fantasic films. 

Pride & Prejudice 

Combine Elizabeth Bennet’s independent spirit and a soothing soundtrack and you’ll find yourself feeling inspiried by the first scene. 

Harry Potter 

Because nothing is better, and more comforting, than having a Harry Potter marathon when you’re feeling frazzled. 

Legally Blonde 

No one wants to conform to society’s standards, that’s why watching Elle Woods be who she wants to be without diminshing her true self might is so satisfying – you’ll be applying to law school as soon as the credits finish. 

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory 

You can’t help but to smile whenever you see Gene Wilder appear on the screen. He brings such a soothing atmosphere to everything he does in this film. 

Ghostbusters  

You know it’s impossibe to resist singing along to this classic song – you know the one. 

Almost Famous 

The “Tiny Dancer” scene will leave you crying sad and happy tears at the same time. 

Garden State 

This movie will make you believe that even in the darkest days it is possible to make it through. 

Back to the Future 

Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd are guaranteed to leave you laughing in Back to the Future. 

Kaylie is a freshman studying Journalism + Design and Economics at The New School in New York City; in her free time she likes reading, walking aimlessly around the city, coffee, and petting cute dogs.
If you're interested HCTNS, please e-mail us at hc.newschool@hercampus.com