10 Christmas Movies to Watch This Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New School chapter.

Whether you’re avoiding finals altogether or are in need of a break from studying, or want to embrace the holiday vibes, here’s a list must-watch movies to get you in the holiday spirit! We suggest heading to Trader Joe’s beforehand for some hot chocolate.

Santa Clause

The holiday classic, where a man and his son suddenly get transported to The North Pole.

Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas

A live-action adaptation of everyone’s favorite Dr. Seuss tale (my favorite at least). If you say the Grinch isn’t at least a little bit relatable, you’re lying.

Elf

A crazy festive movie, about a human elf who travels to New York in search of his real father.

National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation

The attempt at a perfect family Christmas goes wrong in this hilarious hour-long film.

The Holiday

While this movie isn’t entirely based around Christmas, it is a charming comedy-drama about two women who swap homes around Christmastime to escape their troubles.

Home Alone 2: Lost in New York

We picked the sequel to the original Home Alone movie because of our university’s location, but if you prefer Kevin McCallister’s first adventure, then we say go for it!

The Nightmare Before Christmas

Tim Burton’s eerie take on the festive holiday.

Christmas With The Kranks

Another Tim Allen movie, this time he tries to avoid the holiday season by taking a cruise in the Caribbean.

A Christmas Carol

Jim Carrey plays Ebenezer Scrooge in this slightly creepy adaptation of the favorite Charles Dickens novella.

Only 18 days till Christmas!
Elizabeth Tracey

New School '21

Annemarie Imnadze is an undeclared freshman and Co-Campus Correspondent of the Her Campus Chapter at The New School.