diego ph fIq0tET6llw unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
diego ph fIq0tET6llw unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Q&A With Jersey Belle’s Jaime Primak Sullivan

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New Paltz chapter.

Jaime Primak Sullivan is a publicist, author, Editor-in-Chief of Good Grit Magazine and the star of Bravo’s hit series, Jersey Belle. She produces her own digital talk show and Podcasts called #cawfeetawk that help inspire women by opening up communication and speaking about different topics.

Jaime is a professional in the Public Relations industry and in the entertainment industry who has the power to help and connect women through her daily talk show. If you are studying public relations, journalism or marketing, having an industry professional to look up to can always be helpful.

If you could give one piece of advice to your 21 year old self, what would you say to her?

Jaime: “The anger and sadness you are carrying won’t go away on it’s own, you need to process it because hurting others is only a temporary fix. Professionally – loads of men in this business will make you feel special, ignore them and let the work speak for itself.”

You often mention that you have turned your life around drastically in a positive way. What made you change your habits and mindset? Was there a specific thing, or a series of events?

Jaime: “I write about it in my book ‘The Southern Education of a Jersey Girl’ that comes out August 2nd, 2016 but I can tell you I did not make the change alone.”

What tips do you have for women pursuing a career in Communications, or more specifically- Public Relations?

Jaime: “Above all, maintain your relationships with the media. Today’s junior reporter is tomorrow’s editor in chief. Value them, nurture them, and make sure to pick up the phone more often than not.”

What is your main goal for #cawfeetawk?

Jaime: “To start and keep an open honest dialogue about life, love and learning about one’s self and to allow women to see that they are not alone– in their hurt, in their experiences, in their love and in their growth. We are all truly a work in progress.”

As a follow up from a previous feature article called How #cawfeetawk can help guide you in college, Jaime does a great job at getting straight to the point. Advice from a professional who is open and honest in this industry is always re-assuring and helpful for anyone looking for it.

Check out her videos here:

If you're interested HCTNS, please e-mail us at hc.newschool@hercampus.com