My 5 Favorite Movies to Watch in October!!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New Paltz chapter.

‘Tis the season to be spooky! I love October and all of the fun Fall and Halloween things that come with it! This includes the movies that you get to watch this season! I personally love to cuddle up with some hot chocolate and watch a seasonal film! This list is my 5 favorite movies to watch during the month of October!

1) “Hocus Pocus”

Who doesn’t love the Sanderson Sisters and all of their antics in this movie! I watch this movie at least 10 times once the month of October begins. If you haven’t seen it, I highly recommend it. If you have seen it, you already know what I’m talking about!

2) “Halloweentown”

As a kid watching Marnie learn that she’s a witch and fight evil in a whole other realm was absolutely amazing. Also Debbie Reynolds is a legend, enough said.

3) Mickey’s House of Villains

This one is really lame but in the early 2000’s Disney Channel created a show called House of Mouse. The show basically allowed them to play old Mickey Mouse cartoons and the House of Villains episode includes all of the Halloween specific cartoons. I highly recommend it if you need to just relax and watch something you don’t necessarily need to pay attention to.

4) The Haunted Mansion

This movie has it all, it’s a Disney movie based off of a Disney ride, it has Eddie Murphy as the main character, and it was made in the early 2000’s. This movie is a lot of fun and if you just need a night in with your friends I strongly suggest this movie.

5) The Nightmare Before Christmas

Is it a Halloween movie? Is it a Christmas movie? Why can’t it be both. I personally love to put this movie on and just sing along to each and every song. This movie is by far my favorite to watch from October all the way through December!

So there you have it! The list of my 5 favorite movies to watch in October! Let me know if you check any of them out and if you agree with me or have some additions.

A sociology major with a love for all things Disney. Kayleigh Monahan is an avid reader and writer and can often be found at her local Starbucks. She is the current President of Kappa Delta Phi National Affiliated Sorority at New Paltz as well as the Campus Correspondent for HC SUNY New Paltz.