Interview with Arianna Lisante, Member of Kappa Delta Phi National Affiliated Sorority

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New Paltz chapter.

This week I had the opportunity to talk to Arianna Lisante, a member of Kappa Delta Phi National Affiliated Sorority on our campus and a Digital Media Production major. Arianna allowed me to ask her some questions about her experiences and her time here. Her answers reflect the way she sees New Paltz and how much she truly loves our campus!

Q: Why did you choose SUNY New Paltz?

A: I chose SUNY New Paltz for two reasons. The first reason was because I wanted to be the perfect distance from home, not too close but not too far that I couldn’t come home. The other reason is because when I visited the school I thought it was beautiful and fell in love.

Q: What is your major?

A: I’m a digital media production major, and a theater arts minor

Q: What made you choose your major?

A: I chose my major because I took a few classes in media, and realized it’s what I wanted to do. I love creating content.

Q: What is your dream job?

A: As of right now I don’t have a dream job, I’d love to do something with music, or work on the set of a major movie.

Q: What made you choose Greek Life?

A: I chose Greek life because I met the girls that I now call my sisters, and they really seemed like a great group of girls, and girls that I could see myself fitting in with, and being friends for life.

Q: What do you like about Greek Life at New Paltz?

A:  I love that the Greek life community is one big family. Since I’ve joined Greek life I have made so many connections with people that I never in my life thought I would’ve met otherwise.

Q: What is your favorite spot to hang out on campus?

A: My favorite spot to hangout on campus would be parker’s Starbucks.

Q: What is your favorite thing about New Paltz?

A: My favorite thing about New Paltz is it’s beauty, New Paltz is such a beautiful town, especially in the fall.

Q: What advice would you give to newcomers to our campus?

A: The advice I would give to newcomers is enjoy it! New Paltz is an amazing place with so many great opportunities, make sure to take advantage of them and don’t take it for granted.

As you can see Arianna is an involved student on our campus who has a love for New Paltz as a school as well as the town. If you see Arianna on campus don’t be afraid to say hello!

A sociology major with a love for all things Disney. Kayleigh Monahan is an avid reader and writer and can often be found at her local Starbucks. She is the current President of Kappa Delta Phi National Affiliated Sorority at New Paltz as well as the Campus Correspondent for HC SUNY New Paltz.