7 Reasons Sophomore Year At New Paltz Is Way Better Than Freshman Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New Paltz chapter.

With the school year coming to an end, and yet another freshman class coming in, you’re probably thinking about how much your college experience, and yourself as a whole, has changed since your first year. During the summer, freshman come in knowing almost nothing about who they’ll be friends with, or what their dorm life will be like. Sophomores on the other hand, long to be back in their place of crazy shenanigans with their best friends.

1) You settled down, and got involved.

You learned more about what your true interests are, and maybe even got involved in a few clubs, teams, or even greek life. 

2) You know what food places to avoid.

That unlimited swipe meal plan at Has? No thanks.

3) You can actually handle the dorm room showers. 

Obviously nothing beats a nice shoe-less shower at home, but it doesn’t gross you out AS much as last year. 

4) You know which bars are fun.

Twofer Tuesday’s at Oasis? Never again. 

5) You know which parties you have the most fun at. 

Rather than just searching the Facebook group for open parties, you almost always have plans to go out with the people you fit in best with. 

6) You don’t need a map to find your way around campus.

You know New Paltz’s campus and town like the back of your hand now. And if you have a car, you might’ve been able to experience some of the beautiful hiking spots that surround it. 

7) You know who your lifelong friends will be. 

Remember that anxiety in the beginning of freshman year? When you weren’t sure who your solid group of friends were? Thank God those days are over. The people who stick by your side in college will easily be your friends for life. 

Crystal is a second year student at SUNY New Paltz, studying organizational communication and business. Born in NYC and raised in Long Island, Crystal now dorms on campus and lives with five of her Sigma Delta Tau sorority sisters. As the internet chair for ΣΔΤ, she runs the organization's Instagram, Facebook page, Twitter, Tumblr, and also created a recruitment video for spring 2016. Her hobbies include going to the beach, traveling, reading, shopping, graphic design, fashion, Netflix, and The Bachelor. Follow her on instagram at @crystagreeen