This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New Paltz chapter.

Day 7: Last night’s dream*

“Last night I was in a car, driving down a street. My car was sleek and shiny – been purchased days before. It was black, my favorite color. Of course I had to decorate it with my tastes, meaning all I played in the car was 21 Savage and the High School Musical soundtrack. My boyfriend always wanted the aux, but not today. Today I was going on a magical journey. A journey to a place where I had never been – my new home.”

I dreamt being excited about the ordeal. “I was finally moving out of my mom’s place and into my own – well, me and my boyfriend’s place. He’d been here for several months already, and I was waiting til I graduated college to officially seal the deal.” I haven’t dreamt about my graduation yet, though… oops.

“Moving in brought a whole new meaning to the word relationship. Jojo** and I were both working people, but we always found time to spend together.” The weird thing about this dream, though, was this part that I somewhat strongly remember: “There was a leak in the bathroom. I had called Jojo over to help me fix it. I had no idea what I was doing. For some reason I was looking up ‘how to fix bathroom leak’ on YouTube knowing that I couldn’t follow those instructions to save my life. Jojo came in to help me, and let’s just say, things got worse. Fifteen minutes and 3 YouTube videos later, there’s water everywhere and a plumber being called as we sit laughing on the bathroom floor. It was a pure moment, even though we were showered with sink water. All that mattered was that we were together. And that Jojo had a plumber friend.”

* I really did have this dream – a few nights ago. Immediately wrote it down so it wouldn’t slip my mind. ** Changed my boyfriend’s name to Jojo for writing purposes.

Tune in tomorrow for another day! Feel free to comment or start this challenge yourself!

Call me Jai [which rhymes with 'hi']! I'm currently a student at SUNY New Paltz, majoring in Communication Disorders and minoring in Deaf Studies. I'm a huge fan of horror movies, comic books, and Harry Potter. I've been writing since I was young, and I specialize in spoken word and short stories. I am originally from Brooklyn, but have lived in a variety of states over the years. I love music (anything in the alternative rock/pop punk/rap & hip-hop genre is my jam). I aspire to be either a Teacher of the Deaf or speech-language pathologist in a school, after I get that Master's, of course (and possibly my PhD). I also want to be an advocate for mental health in the Black community, speaking out for those who do not have a voice. Writing novels like Stephen King and J.K. Rowling in the future is just a side job :)