15 Reasons Your College Girls Are Your Best Friends For Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New Paltz chapter.

1. Out of every single possible college to go to, you and your college girls happened to pick THIS school.

2. You live with them. Sure, they can get annoying, because you’re sharing a 8×8 ft dorm room… but you learn to love all of their quirks.

3. You not only have one closet to pick an outfit from, you now have the ability to go shopping from all of your friend’s closets!

4. They’ve seen you through your ugliest breakups and they put up with your crazy emotions, yet they still decide to be right by your side no matter what.

5. They’re at the same phase of their lives as you are. You’re all going through the same sh*t right now, and they’re just as confused about being a “real human” as you are.

6. You guys can totally be silent together in a room for a solid hour and nothing would feel awkward.

7. You actually forgot about the majority of your group of friends from home. Yeah, of course you still have your two or three besties at home, but you and your college friends can talk about the friends you never really liked.

8. You always have your college friends to dance on the bar top with! None of you girls want to be caught dancing alone!

9. You have them to miss when you’re home for winter break or summer vacation. Your phone is constantly going off from your group chat, and it feels like you actually have friends when you’re bored alone in bed.

10. You’ve all talked about being each other bridesmaids. Yes, that’s a while from now, but you know these girls will be there for you when the time comes.

11. You have those inside jokes only you and your college girls understand about the cute fraternities and sport teams on campus.

12. You have these girls to procrastinate with. You all might have a test on Thursday, but that doesn’t stop you from deciding to eat ice cream and watch Netflix together.

13. They know your drinking limit… and if you do go past it, they’ll be the ones who will make sure you get home safe.

14. These are the best four years of your life that you can’t ever get back. You and your have the mutual understanding that you need to make the best of out of your college experience, so you all decide to do fun and crazy stuff whenever the opportunity arises.

15. These girls just can’t not be your friends, it’s waaaay too late: they already know too much about you to ever let go of this friendship.

Happy to officially be a active member for Her Campus! I am currently a sophomore at SUNY New Paltz majoring in digital media production. I am a sister of Sigma Delta Tau and I am also on my television's station as an anchor and reporter! My career goal is to be on-air talent and writer/producer. XO