This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New Paltz chapter.

Coffee seems to be one of those controversial words; people are either crazy for it like drugs, or afraid of it … like drugs.

Coffee lovers you will understand me because we’re caffeinated soul sisters. However, coffee haters you may be thinking I am a little crazy right now … because how could anyone love coffee this much? Never fear; that is why I am here to tell you fourteen reason that coffee is the best thing to ever happen to you.

1. Coffee does not just taste like dirty water.

There is this misconception that coffee taste like dirty water. I mean it does at first-but not the point. Coffee is an acquired taste, though it doesn’t have to be. Creamer is the cure to all your problems. There are a handful of flavors available, and you can add as little or as much as your coffee obsessed heart desires. Trust me, coffee infused with creamer will change the way you look at life.

Pro tip: try french vanilla coffee with french vanilla creamer. It may seem like a lot of vanilla, but you can never have enough vanilla … or coffee.

2. Once you go coffee, you can’t go back, in the best way possible!

Yes, coffee contains caffeine. Yes, you will most likely get addicted. However, that is not necessarily a bad thing. You may begin to feel that you rely more on coffee than sleep and/or anything else in life, but that is nothing to be ashamed of. Coffee as an IV is the perfect solution. (I’m only kidding, please do not go get a coffee IV).

3. Coffee is magical.

Ryan Renolds says coffee is like Christmas in a cup. This needs no explanation. A beautiful looking man is telling you that this magical drink resembles the most festive, exciting holiday of the year. You have to believe him.

4. Grabbing coffee is the perfect first date.

Watching your man, or a man that you have an interest in drink this delicious, beautiful drink creates the perfect date scenario. Not only do you get to spend time with someone you like but, you get to drink the most delightful beverage to ever exist.

5. The more coffee, the better.

Also another beautiful man expressing his love for coffee. If Chris Hemsworth believes in the coffee life, than you should believe in it too. One cup of coffee is great, but two or three cups are even better!

6. Coffee understands you.

Ever hear the saying, “I take my coffee black like my soul?” Well, let me tell you; once you become best friends with coffee, you will live by this statement. Having a rough day? Drink your coffee black! Having a good day? Add loads of creamer, maybe even a handful of ice. Basically what I am saying is that coffee knows you, and will conform to your mood. Isn’t coffee just the best?

7. Coffee can and will solve everything.

Have you ever been in the middle of writing a 10 page paper and suddenly you get writer’s block? The solution? Yup, you guessed it, COFFEE. This heavenly drink will allow you to stay up all night and finish that paper. It truly is your saving grace. Coffee will solve all the world’s problems!

8. Coffee is the greatest comfort of them all.

When things aren’t going right, and your procrastination is on a whole new level, coffee is the answer. As stated above, it is not just a drink, it’s a hug in a cup. You drink this potion and you’re quickly at ease, or bouncing off the walls. Either way it is the perfect drink to wake you up, and reassure you that you have the ability to get things done and succeed.

9. If school doesn’t work out, at least you can make a good cup of coffee.

After years of experimenting with endless trips to and from the coffee pot, you have finally found the perfect ratio of coffee to creamer. You can now call yourself an expert. That way when school decides not to work out, you have something to fall back on. And, don’t worry about your parents being mad about this whole “no school” thing, they will be putty in your hands after you hand them the “World’s best cup of coffee.”

10. Coffee is a friend.

Yes, coffee can be the perfect concoction to form a friendship but, you don’t need friends to love coffee. Coffee is your friend. It is there for you in your time of need. It will always listen to you, without complaints. And, not to mention you can personalize it to your taste. Coffee is basically the best friend you will ever have.

11. Coffee can make or break you.

Coffee has the ability to either save you or ruin you. When you are in the “Oh my god I need help” stage of life, coffee will either bring you back to life, or sink you deeper. But, for the sake of my love for coffee, let’s just say coffee will be your saving grace in times of need.

12. You feel yourself fading?

DRINK COFFEE.

13. Hungry?

DRINK COFFEE.

14. Bored?

DRINK COFFEE.

I’m telling you…you won’t regret it.

*WARNING*: beware PCP (post coffee poop) is very real and nothing to be ashamed of.

Emily is a Junior at New Paltz currently studying communications with a concentration in public relations and minoring in general business. In the future she would like to work for a magazine either writing or doing PR for them. She loves fashion, photography, writing, traveling, friends, family...and her dog. You can follow her on Instagram @emilybeth220