This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New Haven chapter.

Movement

Acceptance

Respect

Change

Hope

A day of expressing, empowering and encouraging change for the future of America. Rallies were full of peaceful protests in the streets and powerful words from influencers.

Here are some inspiring photos and quotes from the Women’s March on Washington, around the nation and world.

“Yesterday, Donald Trump was sworn in as president. That sight is now burned into my eyes forever. And I hope the same is true for you—because we will not forget. We do not want to forget. We will use that vision to make sure that we fight harder, we fight tougher, and we fight more passionately than ever—not just for the people whom Donald Trump supports, but for all of America.” -Senator Elizabeth Warren

“They came to this town yesterday. They had red hats on. They were proud of their accomplishment. And they thought they had taken America back. What they never counted on was a million women in pink hats that are going to take America forward.”-Van Jones, CNN political commentator

“Let us fight with love, faith and courage so that our families will not be destroyed. I also want to tell the children not to be afraid, because we are not alone. There are still many people that have their hearts filled with love. Let’s keep together and fight for the rights. God is with us.” -Sophie Cruz, 6-year-old immigration activist

Samantha Reposa, a junior at the University of New Haven, who attended the Women’s March on Washington, said “Standing in the garden of the Air and Space Museum surrounded by millions of women, young and old, I was overcome with a sense of pride and humbleness that no matter what our country may go through, when it’s citizens unite as a people, democracy can shine through.”

So, it’s not over yet!

I think that we need to continue to speak up and help to make all of our voices heard. We are supposed to be “one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.” So, let’s make it that way for present day America and for our children in the future of America. I believe that equal rights and fairness will prevail over opposing forces, if we do not give up on fighting for what we deserve.

Hi! My name is Caitlin Duncan. I'm from Enfield, CT, and a senior at University of New Haven. I am the Co-Founder and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus New Haven. I am also a Founding Member of Alpha Sigma Alpha's Theta Omega chapter. In my free time, I can be found singing Taylor Swift, reading, or cuddling with my dogs, Paisley and Mandy. Feel free to contact me at caitduncan@hercampus.com! HCXO!