This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New Haven chapter.

Name: April May

Hometown: Spring Valley, NY

Relationship Status: Taken

Major: Communications

Campus Involvement: Charger Bulletin and ALIVE

Favorite Eatery on Campus: Jazzman’s

What’s the best class you’ve ever taken? “Intro to Computer Science—hard…but very challenging, in a good way.”

What’s your go to hangout spot? “My bed.”

What’s your favorite UNH event/tradition? “Summer break.”

What’s your dream job? “P.R. agent to the stars.”

What’s your favorite thing to do in downtown New Haven? “Shop and walk around.”

What are your hobbies/talents? “Dancing, doing hair, and writing.”

Who is your celebrity crush? “Derek Theler and Danny from Baby Daddy.”

Who is your celebrity role model? “I don’t idolize celebrities.”

Who is your favorite artist at the moment? “A Boogie.”

If you could be any character from A Different World, who would you be? “The Amazing Whitley Gilbert.”

What’s your dream career? “Anything in P.R. or crisis management.”

What is your favorite meme? “Anything Kermit.”

What’s a fun fact about you? “I’m actually really amazing.”

What’s your favorite quote? “‘When someone shows you who they are—believe them, the first time’ by Maya Angelou.”

Is it hard being so far away from home? “Nope. I got a car just so I can go home whenever I’d like.”

What’s your advice for the class of 2021 next year? “Avoid taking any classes in Echlin.”

You can follow April on Snapchat @AprilMayhey and Instagram @Aprilmaee_.

Khaaliq is a transfer student at the University of New Haven in his sophomore year studying Communications (TV/Video Production and Journalism) with a minor in Black Studies hailing from the 516. In his free time, he enjoys online shopping, blogging, eating, going to concerts and keeping up wth all things celebrity gossip and Beyonce related. In the future, he aspires to have this own talk show on a hip-hop/urban radio station Wendy Williams-style while producing TV shows/films, hosting reality shows reunions and publishing his own autobiography. All while becoming Zac Efron's husband and Beyonce's number one gay friend.
Hi! My name is Caitlin Duncan. I'm from Enfield, CT, and a senior at University of New Haven. I am the Co-Founder and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus New Haven. I am also a Founding Member of Alpha Sigma Alpha's Theta Omega chapter. In my free time, I can be found singing Taylor Swift, reading, or cuddling with my dogs, Paisley and Mandy. Feel free to contact me at caitduncan@hercampus.com! HCXO!