Alex Parsons ’12

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

Name: Alexander Robert Parsons

Year: Junior

Hometown: Granite Falls, NC

Major: History

Favorite sport:
I love basketball and football, but honestly my favorite sport to play is volleyball.

Favorite quote:
“Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.” – Vince Lombardi

Favorite thing about NCSU?
Tailgates!

What’s your guilty pleasure?
Smoking cigarettes. Don’t judge me monkey.

Where is your favorite place on campus?
The creek beside the IM fields.  

What is one thing you would change about your time at NCSU?
Probably would have been an RA this year.

Tell me about one of your favorite moments at NCSU:
Going to see Ralphie May.

What is one of your pet peeves?
Being in the car with someone who doesn’t turn their wipers off after its quit raining.

What top three things do you end up doing with most of your spare time?
Listening to music, studying, and working.

What are three essentials to your life?
Faith, family and friends.

Do you have any secret talents?
I love writing poetry.

Are you single or taken?
Single, but whatever happens, happens. A change in the scenery wouldn’t be such a bad idea.

What is one of your fears?
One of them is spiders. The biggest fear is failure.

What do you look for in a girl?
She has to have a smile, a smile that can cut through all the mess of the world and make everything seem like it’s going to be ok. She has to be funny, smart, and a little sassy – as in she can take a joke but at the same time she can dish them right back at ya.

Do you have any summer plans?
Staying in Raleigh. Taking summer classes and working.

What is your ideal career?
Being a college professor.

Describe your “perfect life:”
Becoming a successful and published historian. Getting married and have kids. And for retirement, moving to an island in the Caribbean with my wife and watch the sunset every night on the beach for the rest of my days. That seems like a pretty darn good one to me.

Campus Correspondent and Founder of Her Campus NCSU - kristiedemers@hercampus.com Kristie Demers is a Senior English major at North Carolina State University. When she isn't studying or busy working on campus, Kristie enjoys running, writing, reading, photography, and painting. She volunteered as an athletic trainer for the Cheerleading team freshman year and developed an unwavering devotion for the Wolfpack. This Wisconsin natives passions include traveling, spending time with family and friends, and loving even the little things in life. Although she is down to earth and loves making people smile, Kristie is hard working and welcomes challenges. All that this happy-go-lucky girl dreams for the future is to write for a magazine and live at the beach. In the meantime, her heart lies in the bricks at N.C. State and beats with every chime of the Bell Tower!