Introducing Self-Care Sundays

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCCU chapter.

Here at Her Campus NCCU, we understand the importance of using the weekend to realign the mind and body for the hustle and bustle of the week ahead. In honor of this all important time out we’ve created #SelfCareSundays, a weekly series that highlights different ways to unwind & reinvigorate.

As diverse as our team, our personal Sunday rituals range from reading the Sunday paper, making the most of an extended bath time, catching up on the Netflix queue, making pottery or just kicking back & enjoying the herb.

Self-care Sundays is oh so needed and oh so underutilized.

We spend the entire week dragging ourselves on, from meeting to library to class to obligation. Then we spend our weekends fulfilling other check-marks.. This birthday dinner, that errand.. Other things that just add to our never-ending to-do list.

I want you to think about how you spent your weekend. Does it fulfill you? Or just leave you feeling more exhausted?

Many of the weekend things we do for fun, like Sunday brunches or night’s out, actually just leave us feeling depleted (both energetically and financially.) Our Sunday Fundays actually turn out becoming Sunday Scaries. We enter the week feeling more exhausted than ever and are just playing catch-up until the next weekend. That’s no way to live our lives.

Sundays should be sacred.

Sundays should be….. RejuvenatingHealing.  & Empowering.

They should give you the (green) juice you need to start Monday’s with a bang.

Come back next Sunday to learn how you can create your own self-care routine!  #HCXO

Hello! I am a sophomore at North Carolina Central University studying Biology with a concentration in Secondary Education. I'm an aspiring science teacher, part-time flower child, self-proclaimed book worm, and studying feminist. “You educate a man; you educate a man. You educate a woman; you educate a generation.”