stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Being Healthy On a College Budget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCCU chapter.

I know my title probably caught your eye. I understand most campuses do not have the healthiest food options but there are ways around it. One of them is NOT starving yourself, so if you are thinking about it then stop right now and read these tips on how you can eat healthy while on a college budget/with a meal plan. It is recommended that we eat three meals and three snacks. On top of classes, job, and sports that is not very realistic for a full time college student to do; but here are a few tips to help you get your healthy train moving:

1. Self-motivation is the most important thing you will need; you have to WANT to eat healthier.

2. Drink water. I know some might not like the taste but you need it. Add fruits and mint to help stomach the taste and adding fruits will also help with digestion.

3. Have food in your dorm. I am not saying ball out on junk;

Nuts, peanut butter, whole wheat bread, whole wheat crackers, and Belvita cookies. There are many affordable healthy snacks you can stock up on for your dorm room.

4. Use those swipes in the café and in the café aim for the salad bar.

5. If you want to eat the more unhealthy options, remember PORTION CONTROL.

6. Walk everywhere you need to go on campus. Avoid driving or using the shuttle. Getting fresh air in the lungs does the body good.

7. Some campuses have meal equivalents so you don’t have to use your flex dollars. If your school does not, then try to limit what you spend your flex dollars on so they can last the whole semester.

Happy Healthy Eating and Good Luck! #HCXO

Hello I am Alexis Sloan. I am from Fayetteville,NC, the 910, the 2-6, fayettenam, the ville. Obviously where J.Cole is from and yes I am a huge fan. My major is family consumer science with the concentration in textiles and apparel with the minor in mass communications. I am an only child and no I do not have only child syndrome whatever that may be. I am very confused when people say that as if we have a universal sharing problem. Both of my parents were in the military now retired so I am a military child not a brat. I wanted to be apart of HER Campus because women need to uplift each other more as a whole. Writing for them or my school charter to them will help me better brand myself since my minor is in mass communication. I want to be a fashion writer/blogger and have a staging company. For those who do not know what a staging is. A staging company where i supply the furniture when realtors are trying to sell a new house. I am trying to have jobsss and get them coins. Hope you guys enjoyed what you read and get to read my pieces.
Hello! I am a sophomore at North Carolina Central University studying Biology with a concentration in Secondary Education. I'm an aspiring science teacher, part-time flower child, self-proclaimed book worm, and studying feminist. “You educate a man; you educate a man. You educate a woman; you educate a generation.”