This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCAT chapter.

My freshman year was one of the best times of my life! Seemed like there was always something to do on campus, whether it was with sitting outside the cafe with your friends on a nice day or going to a friend’s room and watching movies, campus was never boring and the Greatest Homecoming on Earth is no exception.

The greatest homecoming on Earth (GHOE for those who did not know) was exciting for 18 year old Shila. My friends and I went to all the kickbacks Thursday, Friday and Saturday and recuperated on Sunday. I remember it being cold since GHOE used to be at the end of October. I had on skirts and leggings and crop tops for outfits as I was going out for the weekend and it was quite cold, but I don’t think it’s too cute to be wearing a coat while you’re trying to get into a kickback. My friends and I went party hopping, was sweating hard while dancing and I ended my night by riding to Steak & Shake at 4 in the morning in the back of my friend’s Jeep on a skateboard and a pillow back. It was one of the greatest GHOE’s thus far, and what made it even better was that everybody got home safely.

A&T’s homecoming brings people from near and far to the small city of Greensboro, but we all have to remember that people who come to our university for this large event are not here just for the turn up. A lot of visitors are preying upon young women and men, whether it is to rob them or sexually assault them. With that being said, always be aware of your surrounding and the people you’re with, never drink the house punch, no drunk driving, always leave with all the people you came with and I hope everybody has a safe and fun GHOE!!

Stay beautiful ladies!

Hi everyone! I am a sophomore at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University who should be majoring in Weddings, but is actually a Journalism & Mass Communications student with a concentration in Multimedia. Originally I am from Woodbridge, Virginia, which is about 30 minutes south of our nation’s capital. I have lived here all my life, but I’m not afraid to branch out and explore the world. This past summer I studied abroad in Sydney, Australia to engage and immerse myself in Australian culture. The experience was phenomenal and I’m already counting down the days until I can return that beautiful country. Check out my Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook.