This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCAT chapter.

Everyone has something that turns them on, whether it be a kiss on the neck or having your hair played in. But what I’m here to talk about is what turns me OFF and just a few of my pet peeves when it comes to guys.

1. “Yo breath stank.”

One think I am super against is smelly breath. I cannot stand when a guy is super attractive but approaches me and your breath smells like a poop market. Personal hygiene is important to me in general, but for some reason I truly hold the smell of your breath to a higher standard.

2.     Put your arms down.

I don’t think guys put as much effort in finding that perfect deodorant as much as females do, so they’ll find a cheap one. So now, when they put that cheap deodorant on it is stuck and tangled all in their armpit hair. GROSS. I just cannot deal with that, especially during the summer time. Hopefully these young men will start investing in some no show deodorant.

3.  Uhm, no.

I truly hate when the back of a guy’s head is not cute. Meaning if he needs a shape up, if he has small bumps or big bumps on the back of his neck, that is no bueno for me!

4. Conversation????

I love to talk and I love to pick people’s brains, so when I have a conversation with a guy I expect it to be full of substance. If a guy has nothing interesting to tell me or has nothing to teach me, then him and I have nothing to talk about.

5. Articulate, please.

When a guy doesn’t know how to speak clearly, confidently and professionally, that is such a no-no. I cannot even entertain someone who sounds like a 16 year old when they are really 21. I won’t even bring a guy home to my parents if he does not have some type of advanced vocabulary.

6. Neat and tidy.

I am a young lady who cleans her bathroom every weekend and who makes sure her room is neat and tidy throughout the week. If a guy cannot even keep his room clean or bathroom clean, then I can tell you right now that we will never work out.

As you all can see, I’m somewhat particular about what I like and what I don’t like. I will never settle for less and neither should you.

Stay beautiful ladies!

Hi everyone! I am a sophomore at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University who should be majoring in Weddings, but is actually a Journalism & Mass Communications student with a concentration in Multimedia. Originally I am from Woodbridge, Virginia, which is about 30 minutes south of our nation’s capital. I have lived here all my life, but I’m not afraid to branch out and explore the world. This past summer I studied abroad in Sydney, Australia to engage and immerse myself in Australian culture. The experience was phenomenal and I’m already counting down the days until I can return that beautiful country. Check out my Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook.