photo of corn field
photo of corn field
Aaron Burden/Unsplash

5 Thanksgiving Travel Essentials

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCAT chapter.

Whether your taking the car, train, bus, or plane, it’s crucial that you have the right goodies with you to pleasantly survive the journey. I’ll be in the car this Thanksgiving, so my list will be car/bus friendly. 

1. Blanket 

When traveling with others, it’s hard to guess how the climate will be, so stay on the safe side. Grab a small blanket (that doesn’t take up too much room) and carry with along with you. It comes it very handy when you’re ready to take a nap too. 

2. Pillow/Neck Pillow

I’m not the biggest fan of neck pillows, they just aren’t the comfortable for me (maybe I have a weird head), so instead I bring a small travel pillow. This may be a little harder to find than a neck pillow, but it’s worth the search.

3. Headphones

Music makes everything so much more bearable, especially noise-cancelling headphones. So throw them in your purse or pocket, because with these alone, you can survive the trip.  

4. A Book

I like to give my eyes a bit of a break once I’ve scoured through Twitter and Snapchat. Not to mention if we’re in spotty cellphone area, you’ll want to do something other than play an iPhone game. Reading is also a luxury to me now that I’m in college because I don’t have the time for it like I used to in high school. 

5. Phone Charger

This last item is the key to your travel happiness. In the 21st century, life without a cellphone seems bleak and utterly impossible, so don’t let that be you this Thanksgiving. Pack your charger- maybe even two… because who knows what you’ll get into. 

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hi everyone! I am a sophomore at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University who should be majoring in Weddings, but is actually a Journalism & Mass Communications student with a concentration in Multimedia. Originally I am from Woodbridge, Virginia, which is about 30 minutes south of our nation’s capital. I have lived here all my life, but I’m not afraid to branch out and explore the world. This past summer I studied abroad in Sydney, Australia to engage and immerse myself in Australian culture. The experience was phenomenal and I’m already counting down the days until I can return that beautiful country. Check out my Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook.