Samantha Rivera ’19

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mville chapter.

Name: Samantha “Sammi” Rivera

Hometown: New Windsor, NY

Major: Accounting

Minor: Business Management 

Why did you pick your area of study?: “I chose my major because I really enjoy business as a whole and decided to have more of a concentration in forensic accounting. This major was first introduced to me in my SUNY Business class my senior year of highschool and since then it has completely consumed my interest and focus.”

Activities on Campus: Residence Life and MDE (Manhattanville Dance Ensemble)

Favorite TV Show: Friends

Favorite Music Artist: Jennifer Lopez

Favorite Season: Fall

How would people describe you in three words?: “Shy, organized, (I can’t think of a third, lol.)”

What would you do if you won the lottery?: “I would give the money to my parents. They deserve it a lot more than me.”

Who is your biggest inspiration?: “My mom is my biggest inspiration. I wouldn’t have been able to achieve anything without her.”

What is the biggest piece of advice you can give?: ” Take up every opportunity that life has to offer you because you don’t want to live a life with regrets.”

Shanice Peters is a Senior at Manhattanville College. She is from Brooklyn, NY. She's a Creative Writing major with a minor in Marketing and Communications. In her free time she enjoys making YouTube videos about fashion and beauty, writing on her personal blog and watching Gossip Girl. She's excited to be the Campus Correspondent for Manhattanville and hopes to engage students in her last year.