This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mville chapter.

Are you ever looking for a place close to school to try to eat? Are you sick and tired of the school’s food? Do you like wings? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you need to try Candlelight in Scarsdale!

Candlelight is a small restaurant and take out place about twenty minutes away from our school. While the place is small, leading to a long a wait, it’s totally worth it. Once we got to Candlelight, we waited about a half an hour before taking our seat. When you get there, you right your name down on a list, along with the size of your party, and wait in the bar area, where you can get a drink and check out the menu.

Once seated in the tiny dining room, the waitresses bring over your menu, and their service is wonderful. Every waitress and waiter I saw had a smile on their face, and pep in their step.  I went with a few friends, between the four of us we ordered barbeque, mild, and hot wings as well as an order of mozzarella sticks (sizes ranging from 6-18 mozz sticks!) The wings come attached still, so when you go and it says 5 wings (10 Pieces) it means the wing and the drumstick are still attached! It was fun and messy getting your hands sticky with sauce, and the price was amazing. The wings were willing, though if you want hot wings we recommend getting the hot hot wings, because our spice loving friend didn’t think they had enough of a kick to them. Overall the wings were great though, and we can’t wait to go back!

And don’t worry, we didn’t forget the mozzarella sticks, or dessert! The mozzarella sticks were amazing, next time we may order them to go for a party! Though my friends weren’t fond of the marinara sauce, I can’t attest because I didn’t try it. As for dessert, we ordered a cookie and ice cream treat, that hit the spot. The cookie was a salted caramel chocolate chip cookie with a scoop of vanilla on top, it was perfect.

Price wise Candlelight was great! Ten pieces of (or 5 wings according to them) was under 9 dollars! Our total bill for everything, with tip, was under 55 dollars! I only paid 12 dollars for part of the cookie dessert, tip, and my meal! So if you’re looking for a cheap meal, and a good meal, check out Candlelight!

Student at Manhattanville College, right outside of New York City! Editor at the Mville chapter I am majoring in Marketing and Communications with a minor in Sociology, and look forward to working either in the music business, or at a non-profit organization! I am an advocate for those who suffer from mental illness, such as anxiety, suicidal thoughts, depression, and self harm. I'm a crafter, dreamer, and traveler. I believe everyone has a story that's just waiting to be told..