This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mville chapter.

Have you ever been bored out of your mind on plane? I have. My plane ride routine used to consist of sleeping, looking out the window, eating something, and well, sleeping again. Sounds pretty boring, right? Here are a few tips that I’ve come up with to help you survive a super boring plane ride.

Tip 1: Before you leave home, make sure that you have your headphones. Headphones are a must when it comes to traveling. I can’t imagine what a plane ride must be like without them.

Tip 2: Books are always a good idea! Whether or not it’s an e-book, or a regular book, it’s always a good idea to bring a good read onto your flight.

Tip 3: One word, SNACKS. For when you get hungry, of course!

Tip 4: If your plane has wi-fi, your laptop could possibly be your best friend on a flight. You could play games, listen to music, work on homework, etc.

Tip 5: Water is a great thing to have on a flight. Since you’re not allowed to bring large liquids through customs, you may have to purchase your beverage right before you enter your terminal.

Tip 6: Bring a blanket! Planes can get really chilly and can get really uncomfortable if you’d want to take a nap.

Tip 7: A pen and paper could keep you distracted on a flight. Doodling is always fun.

Tip 8: Before a big trip, make sure to download some fun game apps on your phone. Apps like Subway Surfers, Temple Run, and Dunk Hit are a few of my favorites. They’ll definitely keep you occupied.

Odyssey grew up in Ossining, NY. She attends Manhattanville College in Purchase, NY as a Junior. There, she also works as a Circulation Student Supervisor at her college's library. Odyssey enjoys social media, writing poetry, writing articles for Her Campus, designing posters, and playing volleyball.  Contact: Email: andrewso@student.mville.edu Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/odysseymaryann
Student at Manhattanville College, right outside of New York City! Editor at the Mville chapter I am majoring in Marketing and Communications with a minor in Sociology, and look forward to working either in the music business, or at a non-profit organization! I am an advocate for those who suffer from mental illness, such as anxiety, suicidal thoughts, depression, and self harm. I'm a crafter, dreamer, and traveler. I believe everyone has a story that's just waiting to be told..